issue login in to flow.polar.com [resolved by using alternate sign in page]

Options
WilDieteren
WilDieteren
Community Member
edited July 2014 in Mac

L.S.,

I am having an issue login in to flow.polar.com: automatic login brings up only the "top level" site, and not the username\password window. I am on OSX 10.9.4, I am using 1Password Version 4.4.1 (441006) Mac App Store, Firefox 31betaX, 1Password Extension 4.2.4beta2. Any ideas how to solve this?

Wil Dieteren

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Wil ( @WilDieteren‌ ),

Thanks for bringing this site to our attention. The site you mention is tricky because the log-in fields are not visible until you click that 'Sign In' button, so 1Password is not able to go and fill this site automatically. Once that sign-in pane is visible, you can use ⌘\ to fill and submit your details.

Another option for sites like this is to find an alternative log-in page. Not all sites have it, but occasionally you'll be able to find a log-in page that is actually a full page and not a drop down pane. You can then log in using this site instead of the main page.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you here, but I hope this makes things a bit easier. :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Wil ( @WilDieteren‌ ),

Like @Megan suggested, here's an alternate Polar Flow login page you can try:

https://flow.polar.com/login

I hope that works for you. :)

• WilDieteren
    WilDieteren
    Community Member
    Options

sjk,

Worked like a charm, thanks, will in the future always try this first (adding /login).

Wil

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome, Wil. Thanks for letting me know that's a success!

When hovering over the Sign in link in the upper right corner of the main page, this URL appeared in Safari's status bar:

It was purely a lucky first guess changing register to login and having it open that usable page. :)

If that hadn't worked I'd have done a site search like this to look for one:

In this case the first result is the same page I'd guessed.

This discussion has been closed.