iCloud sync not working

Options
ingemarbergmark
ingemarbergmark
Community Member

1Password for Mac version 4.4.1 (441008)
1Password for iOS 4.5.3
iOS 7.1.2 (iPhone 4S)
iOS 7.1.2 (iPad mini 1st generation)

I use my Mac as the main source for 1Password, meaning that I don't enter any new data on my mobile devices.
I have multiple issues to get syncing to work with my mobile devices with iCloud. (WiFi sync works perfectly)

On iPhone:
• I deleted and reinstalled the app.
• After choosing iCloud sync I get an error message "Not all 1Password information was received. Waiting for files: band_0.js band_1.js band_2.js band_3.js band_4.js band_5.js band_6.js band_7.js band_8.js band_9.js band_A.js band_B.js band_C.js band_D.js band_E.js band_F.js profile.js"
• I followed instructions found in another post that Megan(?) had given about disabling sync on Mac and iOS, rebooting etc, but this did not fix the problem even after waiting 24 hours for iCloud data to sync.

On iPad:
• I deleted the data from the Advanced settings page
• After choosing iCloud sync, an iCloud data store was found and downloaded to the device. However the data was not in sync. I have 231 entries on my Mac, and it synced only 227. Also several entries have been updated on the Mac, and the data downloaded from iCloud is the old data.
• I synced via WiFi and all entries were updated properly.
• I reactivated iCloud sync
• I added a new entry on my Mac and waited for the iCloud sync.
• After syncing on the iPad, the new entry was not available.

I'm using WiFi sync now whenever I update my data, but I'd prefer to have this done via iCloud. (I don't use DropBox).
This has worked before, however I'm not sure when these syncing issues started.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Did any of the sets of instructions that you followed suggest ensuring 1Password's documents were deleted from iCloud following disabling it?

I'd have thought you'd want to disable iCloud syncing on all your mobile devices, then disable it on OS X and then delete anything still existing on iCloud pertaining to 1Password, see the section on Documents in the Cloud in this Apple support page.

Then when you set up iCloud syncing on OS X it should be a completely fresh copy. Give it a bit of time and then activate iCloud syncing on one of your devices.

This is just my best guess though based on a certain level of reading on iCloud, I don't use it myself. It just sounds like it needs an extra push to tell it to remove the old data.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

Whenever I have syncing issues, which for me is extremely rarely, I disable syncing on all devices and make sure the data in the cloud are deleted. When you disable syncing from OS X, you will asked if you want to delete the data in the cloud. I then reenable syncing on my Mac, allow time for syncing, especially to iCloud, since 1Password can't control sync timing to iCloud, and then reenable syncing on my iOS devices. I do the same if I want to change from Dropbox to iCloud or vice versa.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ingemarbergmark‌

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble with iCloud sync. Usually our first step in troubleshooting is to reset sync, as suggested by @littlebobbytables‌ and @hawkmoth have suggested. If that's not working, we'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    http://learn2.agilebits.com/1Password4/diagnostic-report.html#mac4

—iOS—
    http://www.manula.com/manuals/agilebits/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/send-us-your-diagnostic-report

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• renniemiller
    renniemiller
    Community Member
    Options

iCloud Sync Failure

I am have similar problems : -

I have 2 x Mac OS X Maverick Machines (laptop & Desktop) and 4 iOS devices and used to sync through iCloud

I noticed that they were not syncing .........

So started trying to fault find from the forums

I have tried all above including unistalling from all devices and trying to delete the iCloud files (using iCloud system prefs) after 1Pass has been deleted from every machine and re-booted (a marathon job)

The iCloud file is always there won't delete..as though something is lurking in the background re-syncing a file to iCloud ? regardless of uninstall and delete ...

So started re-installing from my desktop then sync to iCloud..

But when I re-installed on laptop new installation wants to create another iCloud file (which I know is wrong as I guess that is why they don't sync)

Launch on iOS device and it can't find any iCloud file

I get waiting for files: band_o.js.
    ...........Band_F.js..........

Etc...

So My guess is the file created by the desktop is corrupt and I can't delete it - which is a problem !

Help......

• Hi @renniemiller,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble! So we can investigate, could you please email us a diagnostics report, as described by Megan above?

Thanks in advance!

• renniemiller
    renniemiller
    Community Member
    Options

I have done so - but I am now using dropbox to sync as iCloud does not work as described above

I would vote for google drive being an option as well as it has some better functionality that dropbox and iCloud do not have !

• I'm sorry to hear that didn't help. If you are happy with Dropbox, that's great. But if you'd like us to further investigate this iCloud issue with you, please let us know.

And thanks for the feedback about Google Drive sync! I’ll let our developers know that you’re interested in this. :)

• jaythrash
    jaythrash
    Community Member
    Options

I'm encountering this problem as well trying to keep my vault in sync between my Mac, iPhone, and iPad. I recently noticed that the vaults on my iPhone and iPad were not staying in sync with my Mac, so I disabled iCloud sync on the iOS devices and started over.

I have followed the steps for deleting my iCloud data and reinstalling the apps on my iOS devices, yet when I enable iCloud sync again on my Mac, the following continues to happen:

• the iPad connects to iCloud, but the vault it finds is out of date
    • the iPhone fails to connect to iCloud with the same error as the one the original poster encountered (screen shot attached)

At this point, I'm unsure what to do. I cannot follow the directions to submit diagnostic information from my iPhone because I cannot advance past the "Sync with iCloud" setup screen.

• jaythrash
    jaythrash
    Community Member
    Options

I should also point out that no matter what I've tried, I cannot seem to remove the files listed under "onepassword" System Preference -> iCloud -> Manage Storage. No matter how many times I attempt to delete the data, it reappears the next time I open iCloud -> Manage Storage.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @jaythrash‌

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble with iCloud sync!

If you are unable to send a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device, let's start by taking a closer look at how iCloud is set up on your Mac. This might give us some clues as to where things are getting tangled up:

https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• jaythrash
    jaythrash
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan‌

My diagnostic report is on its way. Thanks for your help.

• We've received your Diagnostic Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from our email support team will review it and get back to you as soon as possible. :)

internal reference number: AUZ-28386-878

• Nestor23
    Nestor23
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

iCloud Syncing not working for me either. Went to download the diagnostic app for Mac but it tells me the file is unavailable. FWIW, I don't see a 1Password file on my iCloud Drive. This is under Yosemite. Thanks.

• Hi @Nestor23,

Currently iCloud is not support in 1Password on OS X Yosemite's betas. @JasperP‌ goes into more detail in comment #3 here.

This discussion has been closed.