Sync'ing problems

Options

I am using 1Password on 2 Mac's, an iPhone and an iPad. All are set to sync with the same Dropbox file, but one of the Mac's is not sync'ing (even though it shows pointing to the correct file and says Dropbox is installed and running).

The version info is as follows
Mac Mini, OSX 10.9.4, 1Password 3.8.22; NOT sync'ing
iMac, OSX 10.7.5; Sync'ing properly
iPhone; IOS 7.1.2; 1Password version; ? (don't know where to find this); Sync's properly
iPad; IOS 7.1.2; 1Password version ?? ; Sync's properly

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kdeemer,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up lately. I've got a few basic things that we want to check regarding Dropbox first, before we get into the serious troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on each of your computers
    • Check that you are logged in with the same Dropbox account on all computers and devices
    • Confirm that Dropbox sync is selected in 1Password > Preferences > Sync on your Macs
    • Confirm that Dropbox is selected in Settings > Sync on your iOS device

If all of those items check out, let's run a test and see where things are getting tripped up:

• Create a test entry on your Mac ("Test, Mac") and add some data
    • Create a test entry on each of your iOS devices ("Test, iPhone/iPad") and add some data
    • Does "Test for Mac" show up on either of your iOS devices?
    • Does "Test for iPhone" and/or "Test for iPad" show up on your Mac?
    • Log in to the Dropbox website and click on the 1Password.html file inside your 1Password.agilekeychain folder
    • Enter your Master Password
    • Do either or any of your test entries show up in your database here?

Please let me know the results of this little experiment - once we have a better idea of where things are going sideways, we should be able to get this straightened out simply for you :)

This discussion has been closed.