payments

Options
zippy
zippy
Community Member

Good afternoon,
If I subscribe to 1Password on my laptop will the android app for my phone be included or will I have to have pay twice?
zippy

Comments

• BandGuy
    BandGuy
    Community Member
    Options

This is my question also. This could get rather expensive if I have to purchase a license for each device I own across several platforms.

• Jasper
    Options

Hi guys,

1Password is licensed per-person and per-platform.

When you purchase from our online store ( http://agilebits.com/store ),  a single-user license allows one person to use 1Password on any number of devices of the purchased platform (e.g., a 1Password for Mac single-user license is valid for all of your Macs).

1Password for Android is available separately at Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.agilebits.onepassword

The Android app is free, and through August 1, 2014, all features are unlocked and free for everyone to try. After that, it will switch to being a free reader client for your vault, a perfect companion for syncing your data with 1Password for Mac and PC.

If you want all editing features of 1Password 4 for Android after August 1, you can unlock them with a one-time in-app purchase. We’re still figuring out what that price is going to be, but we’ll have details soon!

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We're always happy to help! :)

• karategrrl
    karategrrl
    Community Member
    Options

I'm still not 100% clear. We have three Macs on which 1Password is installed, but do I have to buy it again for our iOS devices (iPhones, and an iPad)? As BandGuy (above) said - that would get expensive.

• saad
    edited July 2014
    Options

We charge per platform to keep costs down. If we offered a universal license, we would have to charge a lot more, because we still have to support development costs of each platform. This way, our customers can pay just for the versions that they need. As well, we offer bundles whenever possible, for a reduced cost, such as in the case of OS X + Windows, and we will certainly consider expanding this to other platforms in the future. Please let us know if you have any other questions. :)

• Rivadi_NL
    Rivadi_NL
    Community Member
    Options

I'am interested in 1Password. I have a lot of passwords, and I do not want to write them down on paper. When I by it, till when is the subscription valid? What will be the price of the Android version?
    Second question: is there a combo for ipad and Android? Or a combo for Android / ipad ad Windows?

• saad
    Options

Hi @Rivadi_NL‌! You have come to the right place. :)

Unfortunately because of how Apple's App Store and Google's Play Store are designed, we are unable to bundle the mobile versions together. We offer bundles whenever possible, for a reduced cost, such as in the case of OS X + Windows, and we will certainly consider expanding this to other platforms in the future.

1Password 4 for Android is available for free on the Play Store and you can use it to view all of your items without having to make a purchase. However, if you're interested in taking advantage of the premium features, a one-time in app purchase is available. For more information about pricing and the premium features, be sure to check out our recent post on our blog.

The iPad and iPhone version is currently 40% off on the App Store! Let me know if you have any other questions.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Can Agilebits extract information from Apple AppStore and GooglePlay about purchases? What I'm thinking is whether it would be possible to offer a discount on one of the Desktop versions if you have purchased a mobile one. You provide some sort of user id that gets linked to your desktop license.

• saad
    Options

@RichardPayne‌ I believe it's possible to get purchasing information from Google Play but I'm not sure about Apple's App Store. It's definitely worth looking into, especially if we can set up a bundle with different platforms.

• YouAreScrewingUs
    YouAreScrewingUs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I supported you when you first came out, back when roboform was the big guy and the free version was still being developed. Then i was asked to pay when you decided to get a windows version, after I finally broke down and got an iPad I paid once again, and now I am being asked to pay for the android version. This is a lot to pay for a program that doesn't even store its own data and relies on Dropbox which is a third party. For that reason I also pay for last pass because you guys cannot control what drop box does. So I went from a user who told everyone how great you were, to a user who feels stuck in an ecosystem they cannot get out of.

I do not reccomend you to people anymore. Also, there are plenty of apps that are cross platform and they use their own cloud to sync, think pocket, buffer, evernote and not one of those charges per platform.

This is just my two sense, I know nothing will be done, but I wanted to let you know that the money you are losing (at least from the people I know) vs the 7.99 you are going to get from me for the android version is definitely a loss for you guys.

All the best and thank g-d they killed the playbook or we would be charged again.

This discussion has been closed.