Won't accept Dropbox password to sync

njdevil
njdevil
Community Member

iPhone 5s with 1Password version 4.5.3. Was working previously before I accidentally turned off Dropbox sync. Now when I try to turn it back on it won't accept Dropbox password even though I know it's the correct password. Verified correct password through Dropbox web login. Keeps coming back with red text "Incorrect password".

Tried deleting 1Password.agilekeychain from Dropbox, rebooting mac and iOS devices, and starting over. Syncs fine with iPad but won't work with iPhone.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @njdevil,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble here. Please note that the statement "please unlock your 1Password data in Dropbox to continue" is asking for the Master Password of your data and not your Dropbox password.

I apologize for the confusion here - I hope this gets you all sorted out!

• njdevil
    njdevil
    Community Member

Thanks Megan, that was the problem. It is confusing though, especially since the "password hint" that it displays is the hint for my Dropbox account, not 1Password.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @njdevil,

I'm so glad that got things sorted out for you. Now, I've done some checking here, and I'm pretty sure that Dropbox doesn't offer a password hint option. You might want to confirm the password hint for your vault and be sure things haven't gotten tangled up somewhere!

This discussion has been closed.