Login issues with NAB Internet Banking site

Comments

• StretchGSK
    StretchGSK
    Community Member

I had already tried that with no luck but have just followed the instructions again and am getting a different result.
    Now it auto fills the password correctly but the user name is blank.
    If I copy the username and past it using the auto filled password I login successfully.

Same Result with main app and mini

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

Hi @StretchGSK,

Sorry that didn't work for you. I am able to reproduce the problem with the NAB ID field not filling on the page and will file a bug for that. Thanks for reporting it. Please give this a try:

Create a NAB Login item using the main app, like in post #19, or reuse one created that way if you still have it. Edit the item and change the username label in web form details:

… to userid:

My testing with an item created and modified that way was successful and hopefully it will be for you, too!

• StretchGSK
    StretchGSK
    Community Member

BOOM.... sorted :-)
    Thanks for the quick feedback/assistance

• On behalf of sjk, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• stifler999
    stifler999
    Community Member

Hi

I am having massive problems with Auto login with NAB.

I have been through this forum and carried out every suggestion on it

1. changed username to userid
    2. Used the website address
    3. Created a new login manually
    4. Created a new login from the website using the 1password mini
    5. Totally cleared keychain on the Mac and deleted all the stored passwords, cookies and website history

The thing is the auto login works fine on my iOS device but when I try to use it on my Mac it brings up the web page populates the userid field correctly, populates the password field but then comes back and says user id or password incorrect.

I know the user id and password are correct because if I copy them from 1password and paste them in manually it works.

I am now at a loss as to why this is not working.

Help please

• StretchGSK
    StretchGSK
    Community Member

I also have to add that although the suggestions I followed above have sorted out the issue on my work Mac, when I try and use auto fill on my home Mac if fails.
    The web form already has the userid.
    Must I recreate the login on this Mac as well?
    I was under the impression that the changes would be synced via DropBox?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

Hi @stifler999,

I'm sorry that 1Password is being stubbornly uncooperative with your NAB login process. Please make sure the 1Password browser extension has been updated to version 4.2.3 (or later). Then try at least temporarily disabling auto-submit and check if can you successfully log in after filling and manually submitting.

You can also create a new NAB Login item to test with using the main app, like in post #19. Edit that item, but don't change its username label to userid in web form details. Select Never submit for the submit option. Its details should look similar to this:

If that works, you can try enabling auto-submit and retesting.

Please let us know how that goes. We appreciate your help while we continue to work out some kinks for this site. Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @StretchGSK,

Is Dropbox sync currently configured to sync/share 1Password data between your Macs at home and work. Have other changes been syncing okay? If there is a syncing issue it would be best to get that resolved first and see if that also fixes the trouble with your NAB login at home.

• swesty
    swesty
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

Hi guys.

I'm in the process of setting up 1Password, and I'm having issues with setting it up for my bank's internet banking (National Australia Bank). I had a 16-character 1Password-generated password for the login, but when I tried to login using the Chrome extension, it generated my original internet banking password instead, which is less than 10 characters. 1Password didn't have my original password in it at the time, so I'm really confused as to what's going on. I have to go into the 1Password program, copy the generated password, go back to the internet banking login page & paste that password to access my banking page. I've now gone back to using my original password, and have cleared the NAB information from 1Password until I can resolve this problem. Please help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

If the original password was never in 1Password (and by that I assume you mean any version of 1Password you've ever had) are you sure it isn't Chrome remembering your first password?

That or have you tried searching your vault for the original password to see if it's present for some unknown reason.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @swesty,

1Password sometimes misbehaves with the NAB Internet Banking site and we're working on making it more reliable. Please give this a try:

• Make sure the 1Password browser extension has been updated to version 4.2.3 (or later).
    • Open the main 1Password application and create a new Login item to use with this site (⌘N).
    • Give it a title, and enter your username and password for the site. For the website field use: https://ib.nab.com.au/nabib/index.jsp
    • Save this new Login item, then move any old ones for this site to Trash.
    • Finally, test filling on the https://ib.nab.com.au/nabib/index.jsp page.

Let me know how that works for you -- thanks! :)

• StretchGSK
    StretchGSK
    Community Member

Happy to confirm my syncing is working seamlessly on 2 Mac's, 1 iPad and an iPhone.
    I changed my gmail password on the 19th so have confirmed recent changes are syncing.

• swesty
    swesty
    Community Member

Hi there.

I did what you suggested, using my original password as the login, and it still won't let me in. Again, if I manually copy the password from the 1Password app into the password space, then it works. But the extension isn't letting me in. The extension itself is 4.2.3.90, and I've removed all passwords from Chrome.

Cheers...

• sydlow
    sydlow
    Community Member

I'm seeing this issue as well with the NAB web site with Safari AND Firefox. But only on one of the Macs here, the other one is working fine.
    Both Macs seem to have the same version of App and browser extension.
    Is there anything else we can try?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@sydlow‌ if you go to the main app in both Macs, find the NAB login and click on show web form details in the entries for that login are both identical or is there some difference between them?

Stephen

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hey guys,

I've merged a few discussions about 1Password issues with the NAB Internet Banking site, hopefully helping to get them resolved quicker for everyone. :)

@StretchGSK: Have changes you made with your NAB login on your Mac at work been synced with your Mac at home? Are you still having trouble with your NAB login at home?

@swesty: Can you try disabling auto-submit for your NAB login (see post #38 for details) and see if you can get it working by manually submitting?

@sydlow: Did you find any differences in web form details for your working and non-working NAB items?

Everyone: When your NAB login fails, please mention whether you have auto-submit enabled or disabled and what error (if any) you're seeing. Thank you!

• leachcim
    leachcim
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

When i try to log in to my nab.com.au account using 1Password the login does not work. I have used 1Password for about a year and this login used to work. I deleted the auto login from 1Password and set it up again but still got the same nab.com.au error message when trying to log in which says my username or password is incorrect. When I log in manually it works perfectly. Would anyone have some advice? Thank you.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @leachcim,

I've moved your post into this related topic about NAB login issues and suggestions.

Please try creating a new NAB Login item in the main 1Password application, with auto-submit initially disabled, and test filling with it and manually submitting. See post #38 for more details. Also, which web browser are you using?

• leachcim
    leachcim
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am using firefox, have the latest version of 1Password and the latest version of safari extensions

Sorry I am using Safari ( I use firefox in Parallels which is not an issue)

Hi tried your advice from post 49 but no luck

• leachcim
    leachcim
    Community Member
    edited July 2014

Hi, I changed my password and renewed 1Password login for the site and it now works. Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014

Hi @leachcim,

I'm sorry that didn't work for you. Can you describe the specific steps that you're using to log in on the NAB site with 1Password? And what is the error you're seeing? For example:

Hope you don't mind that I've combining your three recent posts into one to help keep this topic on page 2 a bit longer. :)

Edit: Just saw your most recent post about your success -- that's great news! Thanks for letting us know what you did to get it working; maybe it will be helpful to other folks. I'm leaving that post separate. :)

• swesty
    swesty
    Community Member

Hi @sjk‌. Turning off auto-submit seems to have done the trick. We'll see how it goes. Thanks :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @swesty,

I'm so glad to hear that @sjk's suggestion of turning off auto-submit got things working for you! If you have any other questions or concerns, you know where to find us. :)

• oWretch
    oWretch
    Community Member

Hi there,

I am looking to save my internet banking login with 1Password, and have finally got around to troubleshooting the issue. My bank has kindly duplicated the input ids on both the username and password fields, so while 1Password correctly detected and saved the username and passwords as separate fields, when I submit the form using 1Password Mini the ID is filled into both fields.

The login page is https://ib.nab.com.au/nabib/index.jsp, and the relevant form HTML code is:

<div class="column-1"> 
        <h2>NAB ID</h2>  
        <div class="ib-user form-layout-1 clearfix" id="acs">
          <fieldset>
            <legend>NAB ID</legend>
            <div class="ib-user-field clearfix">  
              <input type="text" autocomplete="off" value="" title="NAB ID" class="ib-user-text red-border rc-2 ac_input" name="userid" size="18" maxlength="10" id="ib-user-text" tabindex="1">
            </div>        
          </fieldset>
        </div>
        <a href="nab_id_help.ctl?width=495&amp;height=200" title="Forgotten your NAB ID?" class="ico smallGreyArrow fancybox-page first">Forgotten your NAB ID?</a>
      </div>
      <div class="column-1"> 
        <h2>Password</h2>  
        <div class="ib-user form-layout-1 clearfix" id="acs">
          <fieldset>
            <legend>Password</legend>
            <div class="ib-user-field clearfix">  
              <input type="password" autocomplete="off" value="" title="Internet Banking password" class="ib-user-text red-border rc-2 ac_input" name="password" id="ib-user-text" size="18" maxlength="500" tabindex="2">
            </div>        
          </fieldset>
        </div>
        <a href="password_hints.ctl?width=500&amp;height=266" title="Forgotten your password?" class="ico smallGreyArrow fancybox-page">Forgotten your password?</a>
      </div>

How can I setup my login in 1Password to correctly fill these fields? Currently in 1Password, under Web form details, the username is prefixed with userid and the password with password.

Thanks in advance.

Jerome

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I'd go over this thread and see if anything there helps (found searching the domain name you mentioned, it seemed familiar).

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi Jerome ( @oWretch ),

I've merged your Handling a login form with duplicate form element IDs topic with this related (and lengthy :)) one that @littlebobbytables mentioned.

A couple more recent tips that may help you get a working Login item for the NAB site, both mentioned in post #38:

• Create a new item in the main application.
    • Disable auto-submit for that item.

And even changing the password might make a difference, as @leachcim mentioned in post #51.

I hope that's helpful. Let us know if you're still stuck getting it working and we'll figure out something else to try. :)

• oWretch
    oWretch
    Community Member

Thanks for the help there.

I can confirm that the suggestion to change the webform detail for the user id field from userid to username has worked for me (in 1Password4 for Windows / Chrome extension at this stage - will test with Mac version tonight) as suggested in the previous thread. I assume that having the webform detail with the field ID confuses 1Password Mini.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the followup, Jerome ( @oWretch ).

Glad that change worked for you with 1Password on Windows. Please let us know if there is any trouble using the same item with 1Password on your Mac. Changing the userid label to username (and vice versa) in web form details has and hasn't been a factor, depending on different combinations of the original item and versions of 1Password.

At least on a Mac, using at least version 4.2.3 of the extension, creating a new item (leaving web form details unchanged), and possibly disabling auto-submit for it currently appears to be the most effective combination. There is uncertainty here without an actual account to verify successful login after filling and submitting (automatically and/or manually).

I'm not sure what the specific problem is but have passed along your comments to our developers. Your troubleshooting assistance with this is appreciated! :)

ref: OPX-299

• oWretch
    oWretch
    Community Member

Thanks @sjk,

No, changing the userid label has not helped 1Password for Mac. Now 1Password Mini fills the password correctly, but does not fill the userid.

I will try the other suggestions to see what effect they have.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @oWretch‌

Thanks for your patience here ... I do hope that one of @sjk's other suggestions work for you while we work to find a proper solution. :)

This discussion has been closed.