Can sync from Mac to iPhone but not iPad via Dropbox [Resolved]

DrStir
DrStir
Community Member
edited July 2014 in iOS

Hi

For some reason I'm unable to sync from my Mac to my iPad via Dropbox - although it's fine on my iPhone.

The data is there, but it won't update if I add any more info to 1Pwd. It seems stuck - using an old file.

I've checked all the settings on both 1Pwd and DropBox on my iPad, but can't figure what the problem is, so any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrStir,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble keeping things synced up lately. I've got a few basic things that we want to check regarding Dropbox first, before we get into the serious troubleshooting:

• Please ensure that Dropbox is installed and running on your computer
    • Check that you are logged in with the same account on all computers and devices
    • Confirm that Dropbox sync is selected in 1Password > Preferences > Sync on your Mac
    • Confirm that Dropbox is selected in Settings > Sync on your iOS device

If all of those items check out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What are the version numbers of 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices running 1Password?
    • Do you have multiple vaults enabled?
    • Are you seeing a specific error message when trying to sync?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• DrStir
    DrStir
    Community Member

Thanks for the swift response, Megan.
    It's a yes to the first 4 questions.
    The Mac is running OS 10.9.4. The iPad is running IOS 7.1.2.
    I don't have multiple vaults.
    I'm not seeing any error messages.
    Hope that helps...
    (What I don't understand is why it's working fine on my iPhone but not the iPad.)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrStir,

Thanks for confirming that for me! If you're not seeing any error messages, I'm wondering if sync might not be fully set up on your iPad. Have you followed the instructions here: Setting up Dropbox Sync?

Even if you are seeing the information for your Dropbox account (which shows that you are properly linked up with Dropbox), you need to tap on your account details to choose a vault from the available options in your Dropbox.

• DrStir
    DrStir
    Community Member

Thanks again, Megan.
    I reinstalled 1Pwd on iPad and everything now seems to be ok.
    Don't know why I didn't try that before!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DrStir,

Thanks so much for letting me know that you're back up and running! I'm sorry that it was a bit of a process for you though. Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.