Mini and Browser Extensions can't find program element

Options
ScooterNash
ScooterNash
Community Member

Hi:

I have three computers, all set up basically the same and on all of them I have the same problem. I click on the mini icon, select whatever I want to cut and paste, paste... and it works, but at the paste point it always puts up a window (I don't know the name for this type of window but it looks very much like the 'Which AppleScript dictionary?' window you will see in AppleScript Editor. The requested file it's looking for is one a long stream of letters and numbers that seem to be gibberish, but are clearly the name of some element that is probably buried deep in the package contents of 1Password. As you can see, I'm at that awkward point of having just enough knowledge to be VERY dangerous, so I'm doing nothing. Is there a fix for this?

Note that I can't simply navigate to it because a) i don't know where it is, and b) I don't know if it should be doing that to begin with. Any help would be appreciated. It doesn't cripple my usage, but it sure makes it unpleasant to deal with every single time I try to use it.

Note: this happens both in the mini app, AND the browser extensions. If that helps.

Comments

• Jasper
    Options

Hi @ScooterNash,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble.

Could you please attach a screenshot of the window you're seeing? Thanks in advance!

• ScooterNash
    ScooterNash
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry. Was off line for a bit. Here is the shot.

• ScooterNash
    ScooterNash
    Community Member
    Options

Well. That was unexpected. Can you see that? It's from the standard mac 'grab' program.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If you re-save it as a png from within Preview and upload that they will.

• ScooterNash
    ScooterNash
    Community Member
    Options

Trying again.

• ScooterNash
    ScooterNash
    Community Member
    Options

GRRR.

• ScooterNash
    ScooterNash
    Community Member
    Options
  • ScooterNash
    ScooterNash
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know. Those are both full size images. Sorry.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi @ScooterNash,

Thanks for posting the helpful images; sorry for the extra trouble you had doing that.

This problem you're having might be fixable by reinstalling the 1Password application. Please give this a try:

• Quit any running web browsers that use the 1Password extension.
    • Open 1Password 4, then press Control-Command-Q (⌃⌘Q) to Quit 1Password and 1Password mini.
    • Open the system /Applications folder.
    • Move 1Password 4.app (the 1Password 4 application) to Trash, then Empty Trash.

• Please don't use any uninstaller applications that may remove more than just the application, including your data. We do not recommend that. We only want to remove the application, none of the extra items.
    • Restart your Mac.

• Download a fresh copy of 1Password 4 from the Download AgileBits Software page and install it.
    • Do some testing until you're satisfied the problem's been resolved.

If that doesn't work, please send us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful so we can keep an eye open for it. :)

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.