What happen when my 1password trial end?

Options
Lim Jun Ri
Lim Jun Ri
Community Member

Currently my 1password for mac show that my trial has expired. But it seems to work perfectly normal. I am considering purchasing 1password for my iphone also. But will my expired Mac version syncs with my iPhone?

Thanks

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited July 2014
    Options

You will find there are restrictions once the trial period has expired:

The application downloaded from our website will remain fully functional for the first 30 days after you install it. After this initial trial period, you will need to purchase a license to continue using without restrictions.

(Taken from this page.)

I suspect you will find problems if you try to use an expired version to sync and would not recommend you do so.

Stephen

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

And have you tried adding passwords?

My recollection is that you can use an expired trial version to access and fillin your existing passwords, bnut that you can't add new ones. But I might be mistaken.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@danco is correct. Once the trial period is over, you can access you data on a read-only basis. Not adding or editing unless you purchase a license.

• Lim Jun Ri
    Lim Jun Ri
    Community Member
    Options

Hi all. Somehow i can still edit and add new entry. And it seems like it does not restrict me to sync too

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Did you buy 1P4 from the Mac App Store, or from AgileBits store? What is the version number? If you bought from AgileBits direct what do you see when you go to 1P4 > License...?

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2014
    Options

Hi Lim,

1Password's trial period is actually pretty generous. Even after the one-month period has ended, as @hawkmoth says, you can continue to access your data in a read-only basis. If you are currently storing less than 25 items in 1Password you will be able to continue to add items until you reach that number of entries. After that, you will need to purchase a license to continue adding entries.

Sync should continue to function just fine. :)

If you have purchased the iOS version, please send your iTunes receipt in to support@agilebits.com and we can see about making it a bit easier to purchase a license for the Mac version so that you can continue to build your database.

internal reference number: AGW-85

This discussion has been closed.