Bug creating accounts? [Not a bug if you're using the newer opvault format]

Options
Ancillas
Ancillas
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The creation of new account items seems to be bugged. If I click "New Item", and then select "Account -> Generic Account", I ultimately end up with a new Login instead of a new Account.

This occurs on some of the other Account types as well.

Is this intended behavior?

Comments

• Thack
    Thack
    Community Member
    Options

That's strange, it works OK here. Using 4.0.2.BETA-506 on Windows 8.1 64-bit.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@Ancillas‌ when you created your vault, did you select the opvault format? I vaguely recall someone saying that generic accounts don't exist under opvault and that they would be converted to logins.

• Thack
    Thack
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, good catch, @RichardPayne‌. That sounds right.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 4.0.2.BETA-504 fixed a bug where older categories like Generic Accounts showed up in the New item menu, even if you were using opvault. The latest stable version is 4.0.1.503. You could wait for the next stable version, or switch to the beta.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

It would be nice if the UI adapted based on the format being used.

Yes, that is why the bug got fixed in later versions (currently in beta). So that you only see categories that can be created.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

That's also why opvault is not the default vault format. You had to manually select it.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

Richard is correct, that's why the opvault type is not yet the default in 1Password 4 for Windows.

We're working hard to get the opvault format ready to be the default across all 1Password apps. The moment we do that, the better the transition will be, and we'll help everybody switch over with better tools to convert the current data file. Right now, you have to go through the manual process of exporting and importing into a new opvault vault.

This discussion has been closed.