Copy/Reveal menu slow to pop up in 3.5.3

Chris CA
Chris CA
Community Member
Fixed in 3.5.4
Have to tap & hold for ~3 seconds before Copy shows up. Tapping does nothing.
3.5.2 was almost immediate.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Chris, I'm sorry you're having this problem. Could you verify for me what device and iOS version you are using, and also what exact version of 1Password you are using? We don't actually have a "1Password HD" app but 1Password for iPhone, 1Password for iPad, and 1Password Pro.

Please let me know. Thanks!
  • Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    I am having a similar issue.

In the past, if I wanted the copy a password to another app I'd open 1Password and find the record. My passwords don't show on that page, but I could tap the concealed password field, choose Copy or Reveal, and be on my merry way.

Now I have to actually edit the record, tap on the password (which is of course revealed) and Select All and Copy. And hope to heck I don't click that delete button, which for some reason I fear I will at some point.

Several more taps, and an unnecessary revealing of my password. Yeah, most of the time Im the only one looking, but one never knows.

iPad running iOs 4.2.1
    1Password Pro 3.5.3
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Betsy, the Copy|Reveal menu should pop-up when you hold your finger on the concealed password in the main listing. There should be no need to go into Edit mode.

I hope that helps. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • Betsy
    Betsy
    Community Member
    Oh, duh, it does. Guess I was too impatient. It's slow to come up, but I don't think that's a 1Password issue. The entire iPad is excruciatingly slow since I upgraded.
  • Chris CA
    Chris CA
    Community Member
    Hi khad,

iPad 32GB wifi. iOS 4.2.1
    1Password Pro 3.5.3

I haven't noticed this issue in any other apps.
    Cut/Copy/Paste all pop up right away.
  • rnb2
    rnb2
    Community Member
    I'm having the same issue with the latest version of 1Password Pro for iPad and iOS 4.2.1 - tap and hold doesn't produce anything for a good couple seconds, where it used to be almost immediate. I actually thought it wasn't working at all until I saw this topic and tried holding on the password longer, and it did finally pop up the 'Copy' dialog.

Rick
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Please try restarting your iPad by holding down the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously for about ten seconds until the Apple logos appears. Is there any change of behavior? I am not able to reproduce this. :-(

UPDATE: I was just told this is a known issue (which apparently does not affect every user), but we should have an update. In the mean time, please tap and hold to access the menu. It may take an extra moment.
  • Chris CA
    Chris CA
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

Betsy, the Copy|Reveal menu should pop-up when you hold your finger on the concealed password in the main listing. There should be no need to go into Edit mode.

I hope that helps. Please let me know. Thanks!

Fixed in version 3.5.4.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for updating the thread, Chris. Glad to know it is working well for you! :-)
  • flosofl
    flosofl
    Community Member
    Has anyone had this issue since updating to the latest version of 1Password Pro on the iPad? I can no longer select a field in a record and copy it to the clipboard. I don't have this issue with the same app on the iPhone, just on the iPad. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if that would fix the issue, but to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • stackmk
    stackmk
    Community Member
    I have the same issue. Major inconvenience for an app that is so useful. As fast as they enhance this product I am sure it will be fixed soon.
    Jim
  • mrtoner
    mrtoner
    Community Member
    flosofl wrote:

Has anyone had this issue since updating to the latest version of 1Password Pro on the iPad? I can no longer select a field in a record and copy it to the clipboard. I don't have this issue with the same app on the iPhone, just on the iPad. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if that would fix the issue, but to no avail. Any advice would be appreciated.

Tap and hold? A minor inconvenience.
  • flosofl
    flosofl
    Community Member
    mrtoner wrote:

Tap and hold? A minor inconvenience.

Well, it works now... But I did have to completely wipe the iPad and restore it. Strange, I wonder how that happened? I'm thinking maybe another app, but they're supposed to be sandboxed... I guess the operative phrase is "supposed to be".
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    It is possible you were not using the latest version. Apps are indeed sandboxed. :-)

An update to the latest version should have solved the issue or, at most, simply deleting the 1Password app and re-downloading it from the App Store. A wipe of the entire device is not necessary, but I am glad to hear that it is working well for you again. Thanks for updating the thread!
This discussion has been closed.