Drag & Drop [Drag your files into the attachments area of your items]

Options
Alex161
Alex161
Community Member
edited August 2014 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Just wondering if there a way to drag and drop an Ecel or Word file into any area of 1 Password, or is this not appropriate? Iwould like to secure a file that I can haveon both my Windows PC and my iPad4.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Alex161,

You can drag any attachments you want into the attachment area of your item like this:

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

Thanks Mike. I appreciate that an attachement can be put with an e-mail, but to hold it 'secure' in 1Password, rather than on an e-mail that could be hacked elsewhere, was not what I was looking for. I wanted the attachement (file of word or Excel) to be secure in 1Password and wondered if I could send them in directly.

I have now added Docs to Go App to my iPad and am using that by sending secure items to Dropbox and having to them via my iPad.

I may be going about this in a not so efficient way, but it works for me.. Cheers for now.

• Thack
    Thack
    Community Member
    Options

@Alex161‌: I think you've misunderstood Mike. The picture isn't Mike's email client, it's the 1P main program, showing the lower part of the window when looking at a Login. You can see where to drop a file.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Alex161,

Dragging the attachment into the item inside the 1Password program will encrypt the file to be stored in 1Password, and you can have it sync'ed to all of your 1Password apps.

Here's a full screenshot showing this in action:

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    Options

Ahhhh, sorry Mike, I did not understand. I can see it now and it's simple. Thanks and thanks Thack also.

• MikeT
    Options

No worries, I'm glad you can see it now.

This discussion has been closed.