App/Browser Integration

Options
EuroReg
EuroReg
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Android

I know That some of you say that this is Not possible wie androidd. But it is. I World like to See this Feature in 1password.

See: http://blog.lastpass.com/2014/03/logging-into-android-apps-just-got.html

Regards

Comments

• jboaty
    jboaty
    Community Member
    Options

I am very envious of the Last Pass Android app. Using the OS accessibility feature and the ability for an app to draw over the screen, it allows you to autofill passwords in any native app and in Chrome.

This is a huge feature, almost huge enough to switch over!

http://blog.lastpass.com/2014/03/logging-into-android-apps-just-got.html

Is this functionality is planned for a future 1P release...?

• Grishkaone
    Grishkaone
    Community Member
    Options

That could be really good yes, like the integration that was announced for iOS 8 :-)

• EuroReg
    EuroReg
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry,

Just Fund another Therese with the Same Blogpost. Sorry.

• saad
    Options

Hi! Thank you all for your feedback. Similar to the 1Password integration on iOS 8, our team is also looking into supporting filling in third-party browsers and applications on Android. I will pass on your votes for this request. Thanks again. :)

• Grishkaone
    Grishkaone
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

That's would be great, count me in !

• saad
    Options

Thanks for your vote @Grishkaone‌! :)

• samtheboo
    samtheboo
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this.
    (Count me in!)

• saad
    Options

Added your vote @samtheboo‌.

• Rivadi_NL
    Rivadi_NL
    Community Member
    Options

+1 count me in.

• saad
    Options

Thanks for your feedback @Rivadi_NL‌! I added your vote.

• hp2251
    hp2251
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to have this feature implemented as well. This sounds like a must have feature. Count my vote too.

• mverde
    edited August 2014
    Options

@hp2251 Consider your vote counted! :)

• Roadstar
    Roadstar
    Community Member
    Options

This would make things so much easier, I'd like to vote for this too.

• phoenixrizing
    phoenixrizing
    Community Member
    Options

At the risk of sounding like an echo, I'd like to cast my vote for this VERY important feature. :)

I, too, have used both LastPass and Dashlane. The thing that made me decide to choose 1Password is the security you employ (I recall reading a blog post or maybe it was a newsletter from I think it was your president, which explained how you guys differ from the competition). And while I'm passing out kudos, I'll include another one that puts you ahead of the other guys which is that you have very good support--the others just take too long to respond.

I was disappointed with LP's attempt at making their own keyboard to log into other apps; it just wasn't reliable and I ended up spending more time making it work when I just could have switched from one app to the other by copying and pasting the credentials. But at least they made the attempt to fill this gap.

Dashlane, on the other hand, is spot on with their keyboard. Clean, fast and it made the process easier than copying and pasting. That's the only reason I used their keyboard; I'd switch back to my "normal" one after logging in. I wish there wasn't a need to do that even, but at least it gave the appearance of making the process easier.

So, yes, please let it be known this would be a welcomed feature. :)

Here's a thought: instead of making a keyboard, perhaps having something running in the background and accessible from the notification panel would be the way to go. Just tap on it and enter your PIN and then have 1Password recognize where it is I'm trying to login to (or give me a choice if it needs help) and then, boom, I'm in.

• Nick1
    Nick1
    Community Member
    Options

This feature is a must. LastPass also has the option to add copy notifications when you click on a password. This allows you to quickly paste them into either an app or browser.

These are the 2 reasons why I have not been able to switch to 1Password as much as I'd want to. It's just too painful going back and forth between 1Password and the browser/apps to copy username and password.

• AgBitSpring
    AgBitSpring
    Community Member
    Options

Have to agree. It would be really convenient to have this feature on the Android version.

• Pixlgeek
    Pixlgeek
    Community Member
    Options

1P Android Beta Tester here. Add me to this list. This would be a huge feature for Android.

• Thank you for sharing your feedback @phoenixrizing. I want to emphasize that we understand the importance of this feature on Android and we would like to provide you with a solution that allows you to easily login in other applications and browsers on your devices. I will pass on your suggestion to our development team.

• I have added all of your votes for this feature request. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

• yibozheng
    yibozheng
    Community Member
    Options

+1, count me in.

• saad
    Options

Thank you for your vote!

• LordKong
    LordKong
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me

• saad
    Options

Thank you. :)

• oncleben31
    oncleben31
    Community Member
    Options

You can count add me to the vote. The app is so easy to use on iPhone or Mac. I know the app is young on Android but not so easy to use.

• saad
    Options

Thank you for your feedback. I will certainly add your vote for this request.

• andrewgiang
    andrewgiang
    Community Member
    Options

+1 really need this feature

• saad
    Options

Thanks @andrewgiang‌! Added. :)

• haiGodzilla
    haiGodzilla
    Community Member
    Options

+1
    please! I dont want to switch to lastPass :'( do you have any updates on this feature request?

• StanWiz
    StanWiz
    Community Member
    Options

A question regarding browser integration - if/when it becomes available will it run on os versions prior to lollipop or will we all have to upgrade our os/devices ?

(assuming that the new version would not be using the clipboard to pass on login data to a browser)

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not a dev from AgileBits but i'm afraid it will be Lollipop only. It's in beta as you've probably noticed and uses Android accessibility to function. Lollipop apparently introcuded many welcomed changes (under the hood) that allowed AgileBits to introduce that feature.

This discussion has been closed.