Problems with Safari Extension [resolved with system restart]

Options
Charles218
Charles218
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Mac

Using system 10.8.5 I recently upgraded to 1P 4.4.1 and added the Firefox extension, all works well. Today I tried to add the Safari extension without success. First, the downloaded extension file is labeled 4.2.3 safariextz and when I install it, the Extensions window says version 3.9.20. I believe that is the version that I uninstalled before I started. Is that the correct extension? 1P 4's Safari Extension should be 3.9…? In Firefox the extension is version 4.2.3.

There are problems beyond that, but I assume that they will take care of themselves if this is the wrong extension and I get it corrected.

Charles

Comments

• Charles218
    Charles218
    Community Member
    Options

Problem solved, I should have thought of this before I posted, but restarting the computer did the trick!!!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Charles218,

Glad you were able to resolve this problem simply by restarting your Mac; no worries about not trying that before posting. Even with faster systems it's still not always convenient to do, although it does seem to mysteriously "fix" a lot more mysterious problems on OS X nowadays. :)

Since this issue is nicely sorted out now, I'll close this topic. If you have any further issues or questions, please don't hesitate to start a new topic, or email us directly at support@agilebits.com - we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.