Up-to-date Safari extension but no datafile for the Application

Options

Sorry for the maybe not so good english, but I hope you can understand what my problem is:
When I got a new Mac about 3 years (!) ago I simply used my Time Capsule backup to copy all my files over there and kept working on the new one, which worked just fine. I only used the Safari extension (beta 3.9.21.b1) and never even opened the 1Password application (3.8.8) till today. I'm asked where the datafile is stored, but I can't seem to find an up-to-date one (or one at all in the Library/Application Support/1Password Folder). Only the backups from 2011 are there. I'm afraid to loose all the passwords from the last three years to even try to load one of tte backups without asking here first. Where did the Safari extension store my passwords for the last years and how do I get them into the 1Password application?

Comments

• Jasper
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @Horst,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble!

So we can look into it, could you please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with your forum username and a link to this discussion, to: support+forum@agilebits.com

A brief comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Horst
    Horst
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I tried to generate a Diagnostics Report but that doesn't seem to work. 1Password asks me where to export the report to, but does not seem to actually
    save a html-file there. I tried multiple times and different folders with no luck. Maybe it has something to do with the 1Password Application being "empty"/having no datafile loaded.
    Is there a way to force the Application to load the data that the Safari extension is using?
    The only thing I seem to be able to do at the moment is to load the 3-years-old backup file, but i'm afraid that would override the data Safari is using (which should be everything the backup file has saved + all the passwords I saved over the last 3 years.

One more thing: I just bought 1Password 4 at the Mac App Store. I did not download it yet, but if it has some useful feature for solving my issue that 1Password lacks I now would be able to use that.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Horst,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble generating a Report! I'd like you to try generating a report in a different way.

Using your browser please download a small standalone tool from us that will run a networked copy of our diagnostics tool.

http://i.agilebits.com/kyle/tools/1Password_diagnostics.zip

After the download is complete, use Finder to locate it. It should be in your downloads folder. If the file ends in .zip then your browser has not already unzipped it. Please double click it to expand it.

The expanded file will have a "Unix Executable File" named 1Password_diagnostics. Double-clicking this will cause a Terminal window to open and download some files it needs. (Note: If you use OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, you may need to right click the file, choose Open, and click Open on the dialog).

Once it completes it should open a window in your browser with the results. Please click File->Save As to save this file to your computer. Please save it as "Page Source" or "HTML" if there are options for this.

Then attach it to your reply.

If you do not get a report created, please copy and paste the output from the Terminal window so we can take a look at the errors that were created. This will help us figure out where the problem is in creating the diagnostics report.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.