Access data on Chromebook using Google Drive?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Google Drive Support.

Comments

• atmosx
    atmosx
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,

Can I use Google Drive to store my keychain and access my passwords using a Chromebook the way I did using Dropbox? I tried to do it but failed. I'd like to know if it's possible.

thanks

• Hi @atmosx,

Unfortunately, I don't think you're going to be able to take advantage of 1PasswordAnywhere on a Chromebook if you're using Google Drive. Last time we tested it, accessing the 1Password.html file in Google Drive using a web-browser didn't work. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just to add to what @jasperp already wrote, you can use 1PasswordAnywhere via Dropbox on a Chrome OS device without a problem. This is because Dropbox has some special sauce which allow 1Password.html to reference other files within the 1Password.agilekeychain bundle which are required (since they contain your actual data; 1Password.html itself contains none of your data). Google Drive has no such sauce, so 1Password.html is not able to access any other files in the .agilekeychain bundle when accessed via Google Drive.

• ebelin
    ebelin
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to Google Drive support

Cannot use Dropbox (corp policy)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ebelin,

Thanks so much for adding your vote here. :)

This discussion has been closed.