Feature Request : custom web form submit

Options
MHUNTE
MHUNTE
Community Member

Hi,

I want to be able to submit custom form details to a webpage.

For example myvue.com has a payment page that requires you to fill in you address details.

I have managed to duplicate a login item that had a load of web form details which I edited the form names and details. I had to make sure that for example the FirstName and LastName fields were set as a password and a username, otherwise none of the web form details would submit.

This works well and I also managed similar with a Identities item. But I was more restricted with that in what I could get to submit.

My Request is to have a Web Form category that allows you to add custom web form names and details and will submit them to the associated web address.

It seems 1Pasword should be able to do this since the initial categories already do some of it But just needs a category specifically for this.

Cheers

Comments

• MHUNTE
    MHUNTE
    Community Member
    Options

Some Screen shots to clarify how I am doing it at the moment:

Original web form details ( from a vue my- account log in form )

Edited web form details

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MHUNTE,

Thanks for letting us know that you're interested in something like this! For filling addresses, we really do recommend the Identities category. It has all the details you will need built in already, no need to fuss about creating all those custom fields within a Login! If there are some fields that are not filling correctly for you, please do let us know (and include details on which sites you're seeing the trouble on) and we'll do our best to polish things up there.

• MHUNTE
    MHUNTE
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Megan,

Thank you for your response.

I did get the ID item working but had to put the email down in the internet details.
    I have run into the problem of not being able to fill in all fields in a form. In particular banking information where the form names are not mapped to 1Password due to no add trigger because the page does not have a submit for a password.

You do have in 1Password the option of adding fields, but these do not get push to a page. Is there any way then to have these custom fields to include the option to submit to the page.

Many thanks

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MHUNTE,

I have run into the problem of not being able to fill in all fields in a form. In particular banking information where the form names are not mapped to 1Password due to no add trigger because the page does not have a submit for a password.

For sites like this, we recommend manually saving the details into 1Password. Let's try this:

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Click the gear icon (or vault icon if multiple vaults are enabled) in the upper right corner.
    • Select Save new login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.
    • Revisit the site and see if 1Password fills in the site correctly.

Manually saving a Login will allow 1Password to re-learn the fields that it needs to fill on a particular site, and often solves filling problems. If that doesn't work, could you let us know the site's address so we can test it?

It sounds to me like you're dealing with a multiple page log-in form. Please have a read through our article here: 1Password and Bank of America. These instructions are written particularly for Bank of America (as I'm sure you guessed from the article's title), but many users have found that they work well for other two-page log-ins as well.

This discussion has been closed.