Hi-DPI support in Windows 8.1? [Planned improvement for the future]

Qwik
Qwik
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I use a Razer Blade 14 (2014 model) which has a 3200x1800 screen. DPI is set to 200%. I have 1Password 4.0.1.503 installed. I noticed it does not support HiDPI - meaning text is not crisp and clear. I'm wondering when this support will come for Windows? I also use a Mac and the Retina support is great there.

I really wish HiDPI support was on Windows. (I'm running Windows 8.1).

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Our app is not DPI-aware (yet). Windows 8 "solves" this problem with this feature called "DPI virtualization". Although everything is in place (where it should be), the text is blurry (not crisp). We are aware of this problem and it is on our list of things to do.

• Qwik
    Qwik
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. I see the same problem in Windows 10.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Thanks for that information, @Qwik‌. I don't know of any 1Password testing being done with Windows 10, at this time.

• omar
    omar
    Community Member

I just installed 1P for Windows and I also would like to see at least the text crisper on 4K displays. Thank you.
    I am running the beta versions.

• Hi @omar,

It's on our list to improve in the future, thank you for letting us know this is important for you.

• Drag0n
    Drag0n
    Community Member

I would love to have HiDPI too !! I hope it for Windows 10.

Thank you :)

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @Drag0n,

Thanks for your vote. Windows 10 is definitely looking to be a really nice update. I've already reserved my free upgrade. :smile:

• halbol
    halbol
    Community Member

1Password is really a pain on the eyes on 4K screens. Please add HiDPI-support soon.

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @halbol,

If you're referring to the blurry text, try disabling the virtual scaling on 1Password files here: https://support.1password.com/win-high-dpi/

That should provide you with Hi-DPI text rendering but it will cause some elements to be broken but not enough that it doesn't make the program unusable. This is why we don't have full Hi-DPI support yet, we need to change a lot of interface and tooling code to make them work properly.

• halbol
    halbol
    Community Member

You are really cool! Extremely rapid reaction and your tipp has solved the problem. The Hi-DPI Text rendering works and there are no major issues with broken elements. Thanks a lot!

• That's great to hear, I'm glad it works for you and you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.