Error 404 trying to sync iPad using Dropbox

Options
Alex Figueroa
Alex Figueroa
Community Member

Hello!

I'm getting the attached error while trying to sync my iPad. iPhone is already setup.
Could you please help me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Alex,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting things synced up! The 404 error from Dropbox indicates a problem on their end. It could be a downed server or some difficulty with your cellular data. I see that you originally posted this yesterday - have you had any luck trying since then?

• Alex Figueroa
    Alex Figueroa
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried again and same thing happened :(

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Alex,

Are your iPhone and your iPad using the same data network? If your iPad is Wi-Fi only, please ensure that you have a strong signal when attempting to sync.

If things still aren't behaving for you, We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of your iOS devices:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Is this solved? I also get a 404 when syncing (a newly created vault) on my iPad via Dropbox.

• Hi @XIII‌,

Are you trying to connect to an existing sync vault, or are you generating a fresh one from the iPad?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited August 2014
    Options

I created a new (empty) vault on my Mac (set it up to sync via Dropbox) and now try to connect to that on my iPad.

• Hi @XIII‌,

It may sound silly, but try adding an item to the Mac vault first, then try to sync with iPad again.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

After adding a single item I still got the 404 error.

However, after deleting the vault, creating a new one and adding an item before attempting the first sync solved the 404 error.

Thanks!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @XIII‌

I'm so glad to hear that you finally managed to get things sorted out! I'm sorry that it was a bit of a process for you. Here's to hoping that things work smoothly for you from now on, but if you hit any further snags, we're here to help!

This discussion has been closed.