Save Passport Data with Scanned Image

Options
Michael Hettegger
Michael Hettegger
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Lounge

Its is a good idea to idea to save your passport data in 1password, in case you lose it while traveling. But most embassies require a scanned image of the passport and not just the data! Is there a way to save the data with a scanned image? Or will something like this come in a future update?

Thanks for the great app!

Michael

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good question, Michael! You can actually add file attachments (including images) to any item type (including Passport items) in 1Password on the desktop (Mac and Windows) and view them on your mobile device. It would be great to be able to add them on mobile as well, and I will put in a vote from you for this. :)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers!

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

I do exactly this for my passport. The attached image syncs fine to iOS devices through iCloud or Dropbox.

• MikeT
    edited August 2014
    Options

Hi guys,

In addition to the passport, I also have my driver license scanned and stored within my license item. I also used a pic of my face and a few other family members to save as custom icons for the Identities, so that I can visually see who it is for.

Many 1Password users scanned and saved their membership cards, especially store cards with barcodes. The reason is that you can bring your mobile device, view the attachment and give it to the store to scan. No more forgetting to bring the card with you or putting it in an already thick wallet. :D

Some airlines allow this as well instead of printouts with the barcodes but you have to call in advance to confirm this.

This discussion has been closed.