Could we have user created categories

Options
Duane Williams
Duane Williams
Community Member

I wish 1Password had user created categories. For example, I would like to be able to create a category called License Plates, where I could store my license plate numbers. I don't know what other categories I might like to have, but I wish I could just create them as needed. There's always going to be something that doesn't fit in the predefined categories.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Duane Williams‌,

Custom categories are one of the long requested features we have for 1Password. It's something we want to do but it is not that easy to implement due to the way we've designed 1Password.

I've added your vote to our list on this. For now, you can put them in Driver License items by storing them in a section with custom fields to describe your license plates, car registration info, and so on. You can also use Logins with a link to your DMV site.

Note that you can create generic item template to replicate from, this can act like pseudo-category. For an example, if you want to use a Login item, you can call it Blank License Plate, add custom fields for the license plate number, driver license, etc, and save it. When you need to create a new one, you just right-click on this blank item and select Duplicate. That'll save you time and efforts of creating the extra fields and sections.

• mercury52
    mercury52
    Community Member
    Options

I just started using 1Password and please add me to the list of users who want custom categories.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

Thanks, @mercury52. Your voice has been added to this popular request. :)

I've also moved this topic into 1Password for Mac since it's not specifically related to the Mac Beta versions.

ref: OPM-1643

• simmoreach
    simmoreach
    Community Member
    Options

You have been adding people to you list of users asking for user defined categories for nearly two years.
    It is more than time you did something about it!
    I have wasted my money buying your useless application. I won't be using it until you make the change.

This discussion has been closed.