Retrieve previous vault password

Options

I have used 1password 3 in the past. I recently downloaded 1password 4 but i cannot sync with icloud as i do not recall my vault password. is there any way to retrieve it in order to access my icloud data?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @alexbalt‌

iCloud support was only added in 1Password 4, if you have previously been using 1Password 3 it is unlikely that you have data stored in iCloud. Might you be thinking about Dropbox?

In any case, for your privacy and security, your master password is known only by you. We cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. There is also no "back door" to access your data without the master password. If there were, that would be a security hole that criminals could exploit to steal your information.

If you think you know what the password is, but it is not being accepted, please see the tips in this guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/forgot_password.html

Please try each tip, for we have found them to be the most common causes of this problem. If you cannot remember the password, you will need to restore from a backup or start over. Both of these steps are documented in the guide.

If you've really never stored anything in your 1Password data file then starting over is really easy -- but you'll want to make sure and provide a good "password hint" so you don't forget the master password again.

This discussion has been closed.