Can't import dash lane into 1password

Options

I have read the existing instructions (such as they are) on how to massage the Dashlane csv files to get them into 1password. I have to use 1pass 3 on my old mac because it cannot be updated to any OS newer than Lion. I am interested in switching back to 1Password and I have a hundred plus passwords and other info on Dashlane.
I have tried to save and resave my csv export from Dashlane to the various formats recommended in some of the existing threads. None of those options results in correctly imported passwords. Most result in an error: Error code: 264 and one (windows csv) resulted in all empty fields.

I cannot spend a ton of time on this and I am probably going to give up. I am not entirely happy with Dashlane and I was thinking of going back to 1Pass, but if I cannot import the dash lane passwords, then I won't be able to do so. Incidentally, that would mean that I won't be upgrading 1pass for my newer mac and won't be purchasing the iOS apps either. Pity. If you ever create a good import option from Dashlane, I will look at 1Password again for all my devices.

If you have any new advice on how to accomplish the import, please let me know. As noted above, the advice from existing threads does not work for me and I am not willing to jump through the technical hoops that MIGHT allow the import to work…it isn't worth my time when there are other options. That said, I'd switch back if it were easier and less time intensive.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hhelenhh‌

I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your data imported into 1Password! Now, you don't mention quite where you were finding the information that you were relying on for import, so my apologies if what I'm giving you here is something that you have heard before. Our Importing Data into 1Password guide explains the correct formatting for a .csv file:

For Login items, make sure your CSV file uses this column (field) order: "title","location","username","password","notes"

Could you tell me a little bit more about how you were organizing your .csv file? Thanks for your patience as we search for a solution here. :)

• LesF
    LesF
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi Guys,

I am trying to migrate my data from Dashlane to 1Password. Should be easy.

1) Exported Dashlane data to csv file on my Desktop
    2) Went to 1Password import
    3) The csv file on my desktop does not show as an option to import

@Megan: You mention adding the column titles and specifying a column field order. When adding the titles, does one need to use the " quotes?

PS Megan, I'd be glad to PM you the CSV file if it would help

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LesF,

It seems that Mr.C has found a solution for you in this other thread you created - can I assume that you're all good to go?

• LesF
    LesF
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan: Yes I "am good". Thank you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @LesF,

Glad to hear it! Thanks for letting me know. :)

This discussion has been closed.