Will 1Password fill passwords from other sites (e.g. when setting up accounts on Mint.com)?

Options
halloween75
halloween75
Community Member
edited August 2014 in Lounge

we use mint.com to manage all our finances so after we login to that master site it will login to all our other accounts automatically, i am thinking that 1password would not work in this case bc the master site would not know what the passwords are for all the other accounts? Please let me know. And sorry if this is confusing, I'm not sure how to explain. thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @halloween75‌,

I understand what you're asking as I use Mint.com myself. It's a good question.

1Password protects you from having your passwords filled on the wrong site. That's what is called "phishing" when malicious sites do it to trick you into entering your password so they can get ahold of your password(s). 1Password will never fill your passwords on a domain that is not listed in the Login item.

In this case, it is a simple matter to copy the password for use on Mint.com or elsewhere:

• Use the ⌥⌘\ shortcut to open 1Password mini or click it in your menu bar.
    • Type to find the financial site you are setting up in Mint.com.
    • With the item selected press ⇧⌘C to copy its password to the clipboard.

You can then paste it into Mint.com to set up your account.

You can also use the Right arrow key to view the details of your Login (or any item in 1Password mini) in case you need to look up your username too. While viewing the item's details you can use the Up and Down arrow keys to go between fields. Return will copy the selected field to the clipboard.

I hope that helps. Please let me know. :)

• halloween75
    halloween75
    Community Member
    Options

yes, that makes sense. I have yet to try it but will let you know if I have any questions. thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Happy to help. Stay safe out there! :D

This discussion has been closed.