Self-Destruct mechanism

KeithWeisshar
KeithWeisshar
Community Member

Why doesn't 1Password 4 include a self-destruct mechanism that mSecure does that is triggered after too many incorrect login attempts? Also what's the difference between 1Password and mSecure?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

1Password stores your data on your iDevice. Unless you choose to use Dropbox or iCloud your data is not stored anywhere in the cloud (unlike mSecure, as I understand it). As that is the case I can see no reason for having any "self-destruct mechanism" in 1Password. Why would you want your own data deleted simply because you made some mistakes entering a saved password on a site?

Maybe I've misunderstood your idea. I apologise if that is the case. However, one of the really big attractions of 1Password for me is that AgileBits has no access at all to my data.

Stephen

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

You also might find this post of interest. It explains why 1Password doesn't have a self destruct option. In my experience, @jpgoldberg's post are almost always interesting and informative.

• Hi @KeithWeisshar‌,

hawkmoth's link to Jeff's post will definitely explain why we don't have this feature and not likely to ever offer it.

The best thing you can do is make sure you have it enabled for your iOS device's passcode, it does offer the 10 attempt limits before the wipe. Plus, if you have Find My iPhone on, you can issue a remote wipe the moment you find out your iOS device was stolen.

This discussion has been closed.