Setting Master Password on 1P touch

souwalker
souwalker
Community Member
edited November 2010 in iOS
Hi

I setup the 4 digit access code and all was good.

I then prceeded to enter the Master Code. What do I do to accept this code? There is no 'Done' button or 'Accept' at all. All I see is 'back' which takes you back to the previous page to start Master Code process again. If I press the 'Home' but, I exit 1Password. Am I missing somethng?

Is there a minimun length? I only have 9 characters for my Master Password.

Rgds
Patrick

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Hi Patrick

Next to the space bar on the right hand side you will see a next button, then once you confirm the password its a done button.

• souwalker
    souwalker
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

Hi Patrick

Next to the space bar on the right hand side you will see a next button, then once you confirm the password its a done button.

I retyped my 9 character master password and I do not see a 'Next' buttun right hand side of the space bar. Is 9 characters too short?

Rgds
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    souwalker wrote:

I retyped my 9 character master password and I do not see a 'Next' buttun right hand side of the space bar. Is 9 characters too short?

Rgds

No it shouldn't be its really anything you want I just changed mine to a 2 digit and back.

What device exactly iphone or ipad maybe i am on wrong device.

Go button maybe ? on the iPad that is.

• souwalker
    souwalker
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

What device exactly iphone or ipad maybe i am on wrong device.

Go button maybe ?

I am using it on an iPhone4. Oops, I'm in the wrong forum!!! :(
    Rgds
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    souwalker wrote:

I am using it on an iPhone4. Oops, I'm in the wrong forum!!! :(
    Rgds

No look up your good look up its all a big 1P touch forum :)

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    You should see the next button next to the space bar. I am on iPhone 4 and just wiped 1P off my phone and re installed it to make sure I was not forgetting anything.
  • souwalker
    souwalker
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

You should see the next button next to the space bar. I am on iPhone 4 and just wiped 1P off my phone and re installed it to make sure I was not forgetting anything.

I don't see a 'next' button next to the space bar. All I see next to the spcae bar on the right side is the 'return' button.

Do I have a dude version? I am not at home so if I uninstall now, I need to sync back to my iTunes so I can restart?

Rgds
  • souwalker
    souwalker
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    Ok, I just tried to select the 'return' key and I am prompted to re-type my master password.

After retyping the master password, there is also no 'Done' button. I had to select the 'return' button again to complete this setup and then I get to the Add account page.

Is this a bug? The 'return' button is very ambiguous.

Rgds
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2010
    Sorry for the confusion, souwalker. On desktop computers, the Return key (or Enter key on PCs) is typically used to finish an entry and begin the desired process, and is usually an alternative to pressing an OK button. Perhaps we can look into making this more obvious this in a future update.

I am glad that everything worked out, though! :-)
This discussion has been closed.