Convert Logins to Secure Notes

Options
RNP14
RNP14
Community Member

Is there any way to convert Logins to Secure Notes so that the information becomes "inactive"? What is important is to record the data, not to use it for logging in.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Not that I'm aware of but what you could do is try creating a folder to store these entries and then edit each one, changing the display setting from Always to Never display in browser. That might be sufficient to keep them segregated.

NB. I haven't used folders yet but I'm assuming it'll work. The second part re. the display setting stops them from popping up in the extension or 1Password mini.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @RNP14,

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to change an item's category after it has been created. Could you tell me a bit more about why you are wanting to store these items as Secure Notes? As @littlebobbytables‌ suggests, a folder might be a nice way to keep these items organized and out of the way. If these are older items that you no longer need but aren't quite ready to delete, another solution to archive items is to create a secondary archive vault and move the un-needed items in there.

Once we know a bit more about what you're looking for here, we should be able to provide a solution. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The suggestion of a secondary vault titled archive is pretty good actually. It would serve the same purpose as the idea of the folder but with the added benefit of not requiring each one to be edited to alter the display setting as the extension only looks in one vault at a time. It would also remove any chance of the old items appearing in any search as again, 1Password only ever searches the active vault.

This discussion has been closed.