1Password 4 Mini Overwrites password

Options
cealus
cealus
Community Member

I have 1Password Mini showing on my menubar. If I reveal a password for any login, it tries to re-write the password with a new one. This doesn't happen if I'm looking at the password through a browser plug-in or the main program itself. How do I keep 1Password mini from displaying this unwanted behavior? I'm using v4.4.1 on OSX 10.9.4.

Comments

• Hi @cealus‌,

It sounds like you are entering Edit mode in order to see the password. I have a couple better options for you.

1. You can temporarily reveal a concealed password by holding down the option key when you are viewing the item's details. This works in both 1Password and 1Password mini.
    2. If you hover over the password field (not in edit mode) you will see a Copy button. Next to it is a down arrow. Click the arrow, and there is a reveal item. This will reveal the password until you navigate away from the item.
    3. If you never want a password concealed, go to the main 1Password app, and click View in the menubar, and de-select Conceal passwords.

That should help out. Please let me know.

• cealus
    cealus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help. 1 and 2 work as expected. I don't want the password showing as a default, so didn't try #3. I may have been moving the mouse when I clicked the reveal. Don't know, but it seems to be working properly now. If I click the down arrow next to copy, then reveal shows, and it doesn't get replaced like before. Click it again and reveal is changed to conceal. Before it was just going right into edit/password update mode or something.

Will let you know if it does it again and maybe then I can give you a more detailed description.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cealus,

I'm so glad to hear that @chrisdj's steps helped you out. If you do notice anything acting up again, we're here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.