I lose the fancy icon after I change the password for a login

Mel Burstein
Mel Burstein
Community Member

The fancy icons look great in the LOGIN list. Sadly, I noticed that some of those icons have been replaced by the generic login icon. It appears that the logins that have the generic icon are ones for which I have changed the password. I Using the beta version of 1password 4 and the beta version of Yosemite (PB2).

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

You've posted this in the iOS section but only reference the OS X (and beta at that). If it's just the beta version for OS X you're using you'd be better off posting in Mac Beta* as it may be something very specific to the beta or some oddity of Yosemite. If you are referring to 1Password 4 for iOS you may want to clarify your situation.

*or have somebody move this for you.

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member

This post is intended to correct several errors in Post #01. First, Thank you @littlebobbytables for pointing out that I incorrectly referenced the OS X environment when I meant to talk about IOS 7. Second, what I called fancy icons are more correctly called Rich Icons. So here's the thing. When I am using my iPad and click in Logins, I see that some of the Rich Icons have being replaced by the generic icon and I believe it happens when I change the password.

• Hi Mel,

When this occurred, did you by chance edit the item's website as well, or just the password?

Also, could you please try disabling Rich Icons (1Password > Settings > Display > Show Rich Icons) and then re-enabling, and see if that makes them re-appear?

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member

As to the first question, I do not remember. And as to the second, I already tried that and it did not help.

• Hi Mel,

Out of curiosity, what are some of the URLs in question for losing rich icons?

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member

Hi Chrisdj:

airnewzealand.com
    americanhotel.com
    academicsoftdeals.com
    canineinnoations.com
    petstoresusa.com
    ptouchdirect.com
    quibids.com

and others

Thanks

Mel

• chrisdj
    edited August 2014

Hi Mel,

It looks like a bug in the betas. Our developers are on it. We're seeing the same thing in the latest beta.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I am talking about the beta because your Mac beta on Yosemite PB2 may be causing this to carry over on iOS. Maybe. Let's see what the next 1P4 Mac beta brings.

• Mel Burstein
    Mel Burstein
    Community Member

I agree with the theory that it is a beta problem. Here's an additional clue. The Rich Icon is missing when I change a password and select the option to create a new login. When I select the option to replace the existing login the Rich Icon stays with the login.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Mel,

Thanks for that clue! Keep an eye on things as the next betas come out - hopefully it will be resolved soon! (I know I love having those Rich Icons visible.) :)

This discussion has been closed.