move .agilekeychain from dropbox to original folder

I've tried to figure out from forum how to undo .agilekeychain in dropbox to the original folder. I still have the .agilekeychain with 10 logins saved but I've deleted files and now I'm lost...can i delete 1password for win 7 and reinstall it and replace .agilekeychain with the old one with 10 logins?

1Password was working great on desktop pc but now it synced with my laptop pc. I was setting up laptop with 1Password in dropbox.

Please Help...

Jeff

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2014

If you've just moved the .agilekeychain folder to Dropbox, you're OK: Just move it wherever you want it to be, instead. Here are the steps, as described in Moving your vault in the 1Password 4 for Windows Knowledgebase:

The most common way (and reason) to move your 1Password data is to click the Move to Dropbox button on the General tab of 1Password preferences. This moves the current .agilekeychain (or .opvault) folder to an …\Apps\1Password folder under your local Dropbox root folder.

If you need to move your data for some other reason, please follow these steps:

1. In 1Password, check the General tab of preferences, and note the path and filename of your 1Password vault.
    2. Quit 1Password and any running web browsers.
    3. In Windows Explorer, locate the .agilekeychain (or .opvault) vault folder, and drag it to the new location.
    4. Launch 1Password again, and choose File > Open 1Password Vault.
    5. In the Browse for Folder dialog, find and select the vault folder in its new location; then click the OK button.
    6. On the General tab of 1Password preferences, confirm that the field shows the full path to the folder’s new location (something like C:\…\1Password.agilekeychain); then click the OK button.
      Note: The folder name must end with .agilekeychain; otherwise, 1Password will not recognize it as a valid data set. We strongly recommend leaving it named 1Password.agilekeychain (or _1Password.opvault, if you’re using the newer format).

See General tab in the 1Password 4 for Windows user’s guide for related information.

If you've opened the vault folder in Windows Explorer and deleted files, then you've probably rendered it unusable.

In that case, you'd need to delete the vault folder entirely, launch 1Password, and choose the option to restore your data from a backup.

I hope that helps, @Jeff999‌. Please let us know how it goes.

This discussion has been closed.