Can't get PIN to work after updating to 4.6 b17

This discussion was created from comments split from: exiting from the extension.

Comments

• jpayne
    jpayne
    Community Member

Thanks for the cancel. That works perfectly! Just installed beta 17 (you were too quick! No - just kidding, keep cranking) - PIN isn't working for me at all on my iPod touch now - app or extension :/

• Hi @jpayne,

You're welcome!

Do you have a passcode on your iPod touch? If not, 1Password can't offer PIN unless you have a passcode on the device, which allows 1Password to keep the app unlocked longer with the PIN code.

• jpayne
    jpayne
    Community Member

I do indeed have a passcode on my iPod touch. I'm pretty sure PIN unlock was working in beta 16, broke in 17.
    Just tried beta 19 and it's still broken for me.

• @jpayne Can you elaborate a bit more? Do you see the PIN code option in 1Password, or nothing at all?

• jpayne
    jpayne
    Community Member

I see the PIN code option. I can toggle it off and on. (the last time i toggled it on, it prompted me to enter a PIN). Leaving the app and going back prompts me for master password. This is probably in the wrong thread now :)

• Hi @jpayne,

I've split your posts out into its own thread.

Can you post your Security settings (a screenshot will be useful), so that I can try to match the settings on my iPod or iPhone, and see if the problem occurs for me too.

Thanks!

• jpayne
    jpayne
    Community Member

Sure!

• Thanks, let me know if you're planning to upload it here or emailing it to us.

• jpayne
    jpayne
    Community Member

sorry, didn't realize the upload from the iPod didn't work. Attached here

• Hi @jpayne,

Can you tell me if you have background refresh turned on for 1Password? If yes, can you disable it and tell me if that'll improve the PIN unlock situation?

• jpayne
    jpayne
    Community Member

It was on. Disabled it, made no difference :(

• Hi @jpayne,

One more thing, can you go to Settings > Advanced in 1Password and tell me if Use IOS keychain is enabled? If not, try to enable it, and see if it works.

We do have a few bugs related to that option that we just recently fixed and I think that might be the issue here.

• jpayne
    jpayne
    Community Member

It is on.

I just upgraded to the GM, re-installed beta 24. Now I get the PIN prompt and it works great :)

• Hmm, that suggests it was an issue from iOS 8, which wouldn't be out of the question.

Thanks for updating me on that, I'm glad it is working now.

This discussion has been closed.