Sync 1password for IOS and for Windows

hakoizumi
hakoizumi
Community Member
edited August 2014 in iOS

Hi team, how are you? I hope you are ok. Sorry by my english, I'm from Brazil.

I have 1Password for IOS (Iphone) and now, I have to sync with my PC (windows 7). I've seen on the internet that I could use the backup file from Itunes (shared files), once 1Password for IOS does backup once a day, so I could update my PC using this file (extension 1p4_zip). I've tried to do this so many times, however, it simply doesn't work. Could you help me to understand which option I have? Please, just take a look that sync by wifi or Cloud is not a option!

Aditional information: Before buying 1password for Windows, I've been using a demo to make sure that I can sync locally my Iphone and PC.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hakoizumi‌

Thanks for taking the time to write in - we're doing great, thanks for asking! :) Also, I'd just like to compliment you on your English - you're doing so much better than I could in any other language.

Unfortunately, at this time, Windows doesn't rely on the same backup format as iOS and Mac, so it is not possible to restore an iOS backup to your Windows machine.

The easiest way to sync your 1Password data between iOS and Windows is Dropbox. Wi-Fi sync is a great alternative if you do not want to use Dropbox.

Please, just take a look that sync by wifi or Cloud is not a option!

I'm not quite sure I understand this statement: are you not finding the Wi-Fi sync option, or do you not want to use it? In any case, we'll do what we can to get you all synced up. :)

• hakoizumi
    hakoizumi
    Community Member

Hi Megan, thanks for your help.

WiFi could be a good option, however I've been facing on many problems to figure out why I cannot sync by Wifi even though both devices (PC and IPhone) are connected in the same home network.

Could you tell me where I can find out some tips about wifi sync? I'm not sure if I should check the config of my wifi router, I mean, actually I don't have any special config about firewall and etc, so I don't understand what's going on.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Hi @hakoizumi‌

We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—iOS—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

—Windows—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#win

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.