Local sync with attachments

Options
dbm14
dbm14
Community Member

I am having difficulties syncing my 1Password database from Mac to iOS device.
I can't find the "sync with iTunes option" anymore in the sync menu on my iOS device. It is possible to put a file in 1Passwords storage via iTunes apps, however, this is useless if I can't access said storage from within the app. Did you remove this feature?

Please understand that sending a password database to a cloud storage is not an option for me, even if it is encrypted. Therefore I am only left with Wifi-Sync, but attachments do not get synced with that method!
Currently I am seeing no way to get my database fully synced to an iOS device.

I am running OS X 10.9.4 / iTunes 11.3.1 / 1Password 4.4.1 (OS X) / 1Password 4.5.3 (iOS).
I would be willing to employ some kind of workaround, as long as my data doesn't leave my local network, but in my humble opinion this feature is absolutely essential.

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

The developers have said that they are working on a solution for wifi syncing of attachments.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dbm14,

Thanks for taking the time to write in! I sincerely apologize for the trouble here. I do have good news for you though: our developers have managed to make some huge improvements to Wi-Fi sync lately. If you follow us on Facebook you may have noticed this post. The new version of 1Password 4 beta now includes automatic Wi-Fi sync ... and attachment sync via Wi-Fi. We'll do our best to get these improvements out to the release version soon. :)

I hope this helps, but we're here if you have any further questions.

• dbm14
    dbm14
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Hi @Megan,

That's good to know. What are the plans for restoring iTunes sync?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dbm14,

I'm not sure that we have plans to restore iTunes File Sharing (in its former state). Please note that the option to install a keychain via iTunes was never a 'sync' in that it was a manual process that would need to be completed each time data on one device or the other was changed. We have implemented a new automatic backup feature for 1Password 4 for iOS and our developers are working on adding a restore option as well. This will provide essentially the same functionality as the iTunes File Sharing, with the added benefit being that the backups will be compatible with 1Password 4 for Mac as well. :)

This discussion has been closed.