Is there an Exception List?

suriyun
suriyun
Community Member

Is there a way of designating a site to be ignored by 1Password -- i.e so it doesn't ask you whether or not to add it?

Comments

• I believe there should be an option to say ignore this domain when it asks you if you want to save a password but you can also go into 1Password 4's preferences, then into the Browser section and use the exclusion list at the bottom.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2014

Hi @suriyun,

Like @littlebobbytables mentioned, you can add domains to exclude from auto-save under "(except on the following domains)" in the Preferences > Browser tab of the main 1Password application (when unlocked):

You can also click the gear in the 1Password Save Login window and select Never Autosave for this site:

That's the first option he mentioned. :)

• DavidTO
    DavidTO
    Community Member

I do a lot of work on wufoo.com, and don't want to exclude the entire site, just wufoo.com/merchant. Possible?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DavidTO,

The (except on the following domains) auto-save exclusion list matches specific domains; URL paths and subdomain "wildcarding" are currently unsupported. Excluding wufoo.com/merchant is the same as excluding wufoo.com, but not any of its subdomains.

I've added your interest in this type of URL path exclusion to our request tracker. Thanks for asking about it!

ref: OPM-882

• DavidTO
    DavidTO
    Community Member

Thanks! In this case the other thing that would work for me is if I could block myloginid.wufoo.com.

• DavidTO
    DavidTO
    Community Member

…and actually, having said that, I decided that it would be best to just block the domain entirely if that's my only choice currently. Yet I still get the pop-up asking if I want to save, so it's not even working as intended on the particular page(s) I'm having issues with. It's a specific area of the site. Anyway, I guess I'll just have to go on dismissing the pop up.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DavidTO,

Have you tried adding myloginid.wufoo.com (whatever its true name is) to the (except on the following domains) list? Having only wufoo.com there won't exclude any of its subdomains.

• DavidTO
    DavidTO
    Community Member

I sure thought I had, and it didn't work, but I went back and now I must have done it (right). Thanks!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear a second attempt did the trick, @DavidTO. :)

This discussion has been closed.