New Product Request: 1Password for Linux [In Progress]

Options

Comments

• komrad
    komrad
    Community Member
    Options

I hear you guys on the customer support cost for a LINUX version. At work I'm installing an Enterprise application on a dozen different LINUX systems, and every one has had different dependency issues from missing a single library to having to reconfigure the entire system and download 1GB of libraries, applications, and patches so that my application can install. The freedom of an open operating system such as LINUX is both a blessing and a curse, and I find myself cursing a lot during these installations.

• Natzer
    Natzer
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Linux

i just work with 1password for around 4 weeks but if there will be a release for linux it will bring 1password over 9000 :D
    would prefer if it comes for free to the bundle i already bought - if necessary i will pay it for a "bundle extension"

so can't wait see it running on my cute linux machine

/sign for linux support

• conorgil
    conorgil
    Community Member
    Options

Just adding a vote for Linux support. I'd love to switch from LastPass to 1Password, but I run Ubuntu exclusively. Native support (not via WINE) would win me over immediately.

• dideler
    dideler
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't find any voting platform, so adding my Linux vote here. Would be fantastic to have something run on Ubuntu natively.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Natzer, @conorgil‌ and @dideler‌

Your votes have been added - thanks for the feedback! :)

• Natzer
    Natzer
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Natzer, @conorgil‌ and @dideler‌

Your votes have been added - thanks for the feedback!

@Megan ist an app for linux just an idea where we can vote for or is ist already in work/planning? Are there any additional infomation for the linux crowd? =)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Natzer,

I don't have any developments to share at this time, but I can promise you that we are listening to all your feedback! :)

• cgrandval
    cgrandval
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Linux too

• Rider63
    Rider63
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for a Linux version!

keep up the good work guys!

• rbregt
    rbregt
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for Linux support

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rider63,

Thanks for the kind words. Your vote has been added :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cgrandval and @rbregt,

Thanks so much for adding your votes here. :)

• defragmentierer
    defragmentierer
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for official Linux support

Good solution which works for me on manjaro is using https://github.com/rolandshoemaker/1pass together with dropbox sync. It at least allows looking up passwords via command line. Only missing a gui and a firefow addon ;)

• Zauberfisch
    Zauberfisch
    Community Member
    Options

uh, very nice.
    a command line client would have been the next thing I was going to ask for.

but am I reading that right that its only for 1Password 3 and not 4? (says pre-4.0 in the readme)

• defragmentierer
    defragmentierer
    Community Member
    Options

If i understood correctly its working because the new format is only used if you sync with icloud but if you sync with dropbox 1password4 still uses the pre-4.0 format. Thats why its working with 1password4 and dropbox.

• Zauberfisch
    Zauberfisch
    Community Member
    Options

oh. I see.
    do you happen to know what it is using for sync with folder on mac and the windows format?
    (I use owncloud to sync the password file, which I simply a folder that I put the agilebits chain in.)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

If the folder is called ".agilekeychain" then it's the old format. If it is ".opvault" then it's the new one.

• Zauberfisch
    Zauberfisch
    Community Member
    Options

alright, thank you.
    this is great news, I'll give 1pass a shot in the next couple of days

• hasanalikhattak
    hasanalikhattak
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for the linux client
    I hope there is some work going on in this direction. linux client will add much more customers for sure too.

• Zauberfisch
    Zauberfisch
    Community Member
    Options

agreed.
    the more I think about it, I think linux might even be a big market.
    most people that use linux are aware of the fact that they need a password manager. and I am sure many are not to happy with keepass and probably don't want to store their passwords on lastpass servers.

• flash1293
    flash1293
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for the linux client

• forthewyn
    forthewyn
    Community Member
    Options

I too would dearly love to see a Linux 1Password. I just switched to Ubuntu for work after years of Mac use, and I've gotta admit I feel totally lost at sea without the 1Password browser integration. 1PasswordAnywhere is nice but not being able to save and use new logins via the browser is totally crippling my workflow :)

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

The browser integration does work. It's just the Ctrl+\ shortcut that doesn't work.

• jmls
    jmls
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for linux. I'm about to switch over from windows, and this is the only app that I use that isn't available

if the integration does work for the browsers, is there a step-by-step guide to make this work ?

thanks.

• clebio
    clebio
    Community Member
    Options

+1 already.

• Gobo
    Gobo
    Community Member
    Options

Another +1. My mac has to go to the shop soon and have to use a Ubuntu machine as fallback for a few days. Would be a much nicer experience if I could use a real app instead of 1passwordanywhere

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

@Gobo‌
    You can use the Windows version on Wine, including browser integration.

• Michele Giannelli
    Options

Hi,
    can we know how many +1 linux are there ?
    And how many needs to start the development 1Password to linux ?

not you angry :-p

• There are…a lot. :)

Believe me when I say we hear you all loud and clear. I can't comment, though, on whether or not we'll make a Linux version, and if we did, how long it would take. There are a lot of resources that need to be considered for a project of this magnitude.

• nathandyer
    nathandyer
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for a native Linux client

This discussion has been closed.