Auto-fill for web-site requiring 1 username and 2 passwords

1Kitesurf
1Kitesurf
Community Member

Hello, I use OS X 10.9.4, exclusively Safari, 1Password v. 4.4.1 and keep all software up to date. I am having difficulty with 1Password autofilling my employer's web-site which requires 1 username and 2 passwords. When I open 1Password and attempt to edit my log-on credentials I cannot figure out how to input a second password field. Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Good question, @1Kitesurf‌! 1Password can fill multiple fields on a page, and you should be able to get things working well if you save a new Login manually by carefully following the exact steps in this support article:

Saving a Login manually

If you're still having trouble even after that, please let us know the URL. We'd love to dig deeper. :)

Cheers!

• 1Kitesurf
    1Kitesurf
    Community Member

Hello Khad, still no help. I have used 1Password for several years and have not run into this problem previously. My company log-in page has not changed but when I changed my passwords it no longer auto-fills correctly for me. My employer's log-in page calls for a Log-in ID, Company Password, and then another Company Password all on the same log-in page stacked in order. When I auto-fill with 1Password, the Log-in ID is skipped (leaving a blank box) and the two company password boxes are filled in properly. In 1Password when I open the login edit page for that particular site it displays username (Log-in ID) and only one of the password boxes. Even when it worked previously, the 1Password login edit page only showed username and one display for a password, but both passwords would fill-in properly. So to summarize: 1Password shows username and (the first) password correctly, the second password is not visible. When I auto-fill: The username is not entered (box remains blank) but both passwords show up in their correct location. I have used the gear icon to manually save as well as deleting the 1Password, emptying 1Password trash and allowing the 1Password promptly to ask if I'd like to save the new log-in. The result is the same.

Thanks,

Dave

• 1Kitesurf
    1Kitesurf
    Community Member
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Thanks for the URL. This is very strange. When I follow these steps to fill out the three form fields and then save the Login, it is working very well for me:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-mac-kb/4/en/topic/saving-a-login-manually

Could you tell me what browser you are using (and its version) as well as the version of the 1Password extension you have installed n that browser? I'm wondering if perhaps that could be the difference.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Out of curiosity I went and had a peek too. Like khad it worked for me.

Here's what my entry looked like after adding it via the Safari extension using the Save new Login option
    As you can see the top part only shows one password - not ideal but you can edit it afterwards to include the second one. The important part is in the web details it has all three sections. If yours looks like that (there's a show web form details button on each login item) then it ought to be working.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014

Hi @1Kitesurf,

Here's some information about issues with the https://ccs.coair.com/CCS/Default.aspx CCS Login page.

When Company Password and CCS Password fields on the page differ, these are the steps for creating a Login item that fills all three fields:

• Open https://ccs.coair.com/CCS/Default.aspx in a browser that has the 1Password extension installed
    • Enter unique data in each field
    • Press Option-Command-\ to open 1Password mini
    • Press Command-, (Command-comma) to open mini preferences
    • Press Command-N to run Save new Login
    • In the 1Password Save Login window, title the new item and press Save to create it

Essentially like in the guide for saving a Login manually that @khad referred to.

Here a sample Login item created that way, in Edit mode:

It's similar to the images that @littlebobbytables posted.

However, if Company Password and CCS Password fields have identical values then 1Password will fail to fill the Login ID field. We have an open bug report for this in our database.

When I auto-fill: The username is not entered (box remains blank) but both passwords show up in their correct location.

If your Login item with that behavior has different passwords please try recreating it using the steps above and see if that fixes the filling problem. If both passwords are the same then recreating a new item will still misbehave and we'll do our best to get that issue fixed. Or, if you're able to change one of the duplicate passwords and recreate the item then that should also fix the filling problem.

If you later want to change passwords for a working Login item, it's best to do it by editing these fields directly in the web form details:

ctl01$mHolder$txtUserESCPassword (for Company Password)

ctl01$mHolder$txtUserPassword (for CCS Password)

Those web form field names can been fully seen in the images that @littlebobbytables posted.

I hope that helps!

ref: OPX-469

• 1Kitesurf
    1Kitesurf
    Community Member

Khad and SJK, thanks so much for your help. Mystery solved!!!

This is a relatively new site for the not as new combined United/Continental Airlines. I am a legacy United guy and management in their infinite wisdom decided that username with original United log-on and new Continental log-on passwords would be required to access the site. Since the two log-ons had different expiration dates I, like most people, had two different log-ons. I finally got lazy and changed both log-ons so they would match (for simplicity). SJK's statement, "When Company Password and CCS Password fields on the page differ, these are the steps for creating a Login item that fills all three fields:" turned the lightbulb on for my cashew-size brain and I realized that using the same fields for both passwords was causing the hiccup.

I have altered one of the passwords so I again have password fields that differ. I would rather have to remember/look up two passwords for the rare times I am signing on to a computer other than my own as opposed to having the luxury of 1Password taking care for me.

Thanks again for the great friendly support and great product!

-Dave

• Hi @1Kitesurf‌,

That's awesome, thanks for walking us through what happened here. Gotta love computers, eh?

On behalf of Khad and Scott, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.