Cannot get iCloud Syncing to re-establish

Options
daduran
daduran
Community Member
edited September 2014 in Mac

I have 1Password for Mac and iPhone and for some reason 1Password for Mac has stopped syncing. It started syncing this weekend again but then this morning it will not sync. When I get the dialogue box that states "Problem detected" I click on "Fix..." and it takes me to the Sync Preferences page. I select iCloud and I get to the next dialogue box "iCloud Sync" and I press "Start Syncing" and all I get is a "beep" and nothing happens.

On my Macbook Pro, in iCloud Preferences in Settings; Documents and Data is checked and in the corresponding options page 1Password mini is checked.

I have 2 iPhones connected to the same iCloud Account (verified in settings) and they are syncing the 1Password database between themselves.

My Firewall is turned off in MacBook Pro's settings. I use Intego's Netbarrier Firewall and 1Password mini is an allowed application.

Can someone please tell me how I can get my Mac version of 1Password to start syncing again?

Thanks.

My system:

MacBook Pro 13-inch Late 2013
OSX 10.9.4

1Password Version 4.4.1 (441006) Mac App Store

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Have you ever used the Yosemite beta or iOS 8 betas ?

• Michael Shingledecker
    Options

I have a similar problem with OS X 10.9 and iOS 7. I can get iCloud sync to work once but subsequent changes will not sync. I've deleted the data from the cloud multiple times with no luck. I hope the new versions of 1Password fix this problem.

• daduran
    daduran
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding. I have never used the Yosemite or iOS 8 betas.

• pkollias
    pkollias
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately having the same problems here - started this morning CET - 1P asking me to update sync preferences. I have been syncing with iCloud previously - and I'm thinking that the issue is with iCloud as all was fine up until yesterday.

Checking the sync settings from iPad - i get the message "1password vault has been replaced..." or something to that effect. I haven't done anything of the sort.

I suppose that when our friends in the USA wake up and panic, we'll get some more insight.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Apologies for the delayed reply, folks. Just to be clear: iCloud sync will not work between 1Password 5 for iOS and 1Password 4 for Mac (the current version on Mac).

If you are running 1Password 5 for iOS on iOS 8, did you upgraded to iCloud Drive when prompted? (If not, you may have chosen wisely, so don't go looking to upgrade to iCloud Drive just yet until we can troubleshoot some more.)

Please let me know which versions of iOS and 1Password for iOS you are using as well as if you have upgraded to iCloud Drive or not and take a look at the "iCloud in 1Password 5 [for iOS] FAQ" for some more information while you wait. The answer you seek may be in there, but, if not, we can dig deeper.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.