1Password 5 not unlocking Pro feature for existing user [Fix steps in post #15]

sdagley
sdagley
Community Member
edited September 2014 in iOS

I've been a 1Password user since it first came out for iOS, but the version 5 update didn't unlock the Pro features for me. Trying Restore Purchases has no effect. Just me, or is this broken for others as well?

Comments

• sdagley
    sdagley
    Community Member

Never mind. Deleting 1Password from the device and re-downloading it unlocked the Pro features.

• 337is
    337is
    Community Member

Deleted and reinstalled. Sill not unlocking Pro Features for me. I has a sad.

• patnanna
    patnanna
    Community Member

Deleting and reinstalling DID work for me, as well! Thank you!

• 337is
    337is
    Community Member

Got it working. It was key to redownload from the cloud in the app store on the specific device for it to work in my case. Handling it all from within iTunes on a tethered Mac did not work for me. YMMV.

• Billster
    Billster
    Community Member

Ditto for me. Downloaded it from the cloud and now ALL PRO!

• jameslagden
    jameslagden
    Community Member

I also deleted the app from the iPhone and downloaded it again from the cloud (on the phone, not through iTunes) and it instantly recognized my pro status.

• rwatt
    rwatt
    Community Member

Yup. Had to delete and re-install the app for this to work.

• David Cher
    David Cher
    Community Member

i paid the version 4 but was unable to restore purchase . it does nothing when i click on it .

Please help

• ssh
    ssh
    Community Member

I have exactly the same issue! Any help?

• dgold105
    dgold105
    Community Member

Same issue with me.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

Hey folks,

Some others in another thread have posted a few thoughts https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/28606/1password-5-not-unlocking-pro-feature-for-existing-user#latest

Its not from the agile folks but its got things going for them.

• Ryakkan
    Ryakkan
    Community Member

Removing the app and reinstalling from the App Store resolved the issue for me.

• pierino84
    pierino84
    Community Member

Tried reinstalling from the cloud, but it didn't solve the issue. I had purchased v4 but the "restore purchases" button doesn't work: the app is stuck after pressing it.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi everyone,

I sincerely apologize for the delay in responding here - we've been a bit busy since the launch of 1Password 5 for iOS, but we're all putting in extra hours to get back to our usual snappy responses just as soon as possible!

We have been able to reproduce this issue on our end, and it appears to be due to installing the update through iTunes, rather than directly on the device. We are looking into this further, but in the meantime, the solution is to reinstall 1Password from the App Store on the device.

If you already have data in 1Password, be sure to back it up first - you can restore it after reinstalling 1Password:

https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-ios/5/en/topic/itunes-backups

Then, simply remove 1Password, and install it again from the App Store.

Let us know if that works for you. If not, please let us know at what step the trouble began, and we'll continue from there.

• Rob 1234
    Rob 1234
    Community Member

I can't get my Pro to restore purchases, too. I also have a vault mismatch, so I am a little hesitant about deleting and re-adding the app.

• pierino84
    pierino84
    Community Member

I deleted and reinstalled the app several times through the apple store. The issue remains.

• mistergsf
    mistergsf
    Community Member

Still not working for me. I've first deleted then installed from iCloud then from App Store on iPhone. Also tried through iTunes on my Mac.

• NumbuhOne
    NumbuhOne
    Community Member

Add another one to the pile. Deleted 1Password 5 on the phone, hooked it up to iTunes, installed the app, synced with existing vault in DropBox, and tapped Restore Purchases under settings. Never received a dialog/prompt to confirm restoration.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Rob 1234,

My instructions above include backing up your iOS data before removing the app - this should ensure that you don't lose any data. :)

Hi @pierino84‌ and @mistergsf‌

I'm so sorry that this is causing you so much trouble. We'll need to take a closer look at your system here to determine where things are getting tangled up.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:
    http://guides.agilebits.com/knowledgebase/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#ios4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Hi @NumbuhOne,

I apologize for the confusion. We have been able to recreate this issue when the app is installed via iTunes. Please try installing directly from the App Store on your iOS device and see if this improves things. :)

• pierino84
    pierino84
    Community Member

Diagnostic report sent!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pierino84,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Thanks so much for including the relevant details along with your email. That will make it so much easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: RAA-98395-411

• mistergsf
    mistergsf
    Community Member

Diagnostic report sent!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mistergsf,

Thanks for sending that Report in! I took a quick look in our system, but I was unable to find an email from the address you attached to your forum account. If you could send me a private message with the address that you used to send in the Report, I'd be happy to track it down and ensure that it gets answered quickly. :)

• NumbuhOne
    NumbuhOne
    Community Member

Thanks Megan. Installing directly from the App Store app rather than re-installing through iTunes fixed the problem. I wonder if iTunes is installing some old remnant of the previous configuration that screws up the restore feature. Installing through the App Store prevents any old data from corrupting the install. I was able to get the Pro extensions working on both my iPhone and iPad Air.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @NumbuhOne‌

I'm so glad to hear that installing from the App Store got things working for you! We're not quite sure what's going on yet, but our developers are certainly looking into the issue to ensure that there is nothing on our end causing conflicts. :)

• MeGeeTee
    MeGeeTee
    Community Member

It also doesn't unlock the Pro features if you download it using an apple ID set up for family sharing if that wasn't the orginal ID used to purchase it. I had to uninstall it, change the apple ID, download it and reconfigure it, activate the pro features, and then change the apple ID back.

• JRMURU
    JRMURU
    Community Member

Hi all,

Yesterday I upgraded my iPAD both to iOS 8 and to 1Password 5 and I cannot access to the Pro features I was using before the upgrades.

In line with the recommendations in the discussion "1Password 5 for iOS Pro features not immediately unlocked after upgrading", I have made a backup of the information, deleted the app and installed it again from the App Store.

However the Pro features are not unlocked yet.

In the App Settings there is an option called "Pro Features" that opens a dialog box that allows you to choose between buying the Pro Features or restoring the purchases. I assume this last option should unlock the Pro Features, however when clicking on it the text fades out but nothing happens (I am connected to a Wifi network with a pretty good access to internet).

Please, could someone let me know if there is another way to restore the Pro features after upgrading to 1Password 5?

Thanks a lot

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MeGeeTee,

Thanks for adding that here, that is important to note.

Your purchase of 1Password is tied to the AppleID that you used to make the original purchase. Unfortunately, Apple has decided that (for now, at least) in-app purchases will not be included in Family Sharing. So only the AppleID that the original 1Password purchase was made under will be able to activate the Pro features.

We sincerely apologize for this complication. We had fully planned on supporting Family Sharing and are rather disappointed that we will be unable to at this time.

I do want to caution users against switching back and forth between AppleIDs in order to install the Pro features on family members' devices. This is not at all because we want more money from Pro purchases. Apple has been known to put a limit on how often AppleIDs can be switched on a device. If the IDs are switched too frequently, Apple may disallow future switches for a period of up to a year. So, if you do decide to enable 1Password's Pro features on your family's devices, just be aware. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JRMURU‌

I've merged your post with an existing discussion on the matter. Please have a look at Post #15 above and see if that helps get the Pro features properly unlocked for you! :)

• MeGeeTee
    MeGeeTee
    Community Member

Hi Megan,

thanks for your response in post #29, i would like to make a few points about this, and then ask a question about implementation.

1. I purchased, at a significant amount of money, a family license of the Windows version to be able to install it on multiple pc's, and the iOS version, which I was allowed to install on multiple devices, and included the full featuers.
    2. I was able to upgrade and manage this by downloading the latest version in iTunes using our main appleID, and could then send it to all the devices when they connected to iTunes, irrespective of which apple ID they were currently using (e.g. for game centre, iCloud, etc).
    3. You changed the program to be free, and for it to be an in-app purchase to get back the features I had already paid for, so it is your change to the way it works that has introduced this complexity.

My question is about how this works ging forward is, if I have unlocked the pro features already on an iPhone which is using a different appleID, but it was done by changing the store appleID, signing in and unlocking pro features, and then signing back into the other appleID, will downloading the latest version into iTunes using the original appleID in iTunes, and updating to the iPhone keep the pro features enabled, or will I have to restore them every time?

thanks

This discussion has been closed.