1PW v3 still working on iOS 8 ?

Because I need to sync with an older OSX10.7 Mac, I'm still using 1PWpro v3.7.2 on my iPhone.
Will this version still be compatible with iOS8 ? as I am planning to order an iPhone6.

I bought a later version of 1PW pro, but downgraded that to keep in sync with the Mac, so hipefully I will not be getting in a catch22 situation now.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @psijmons,

1Password 3 for iOS was designed for a much earlier version of iOS, and we have not tested it in iOS 8, so unfortunately I can't guarantee that it will be fully compatible. I did open up 1Password 3 for iOS on my device running iOS 8 and everything seems to behave properly though, so that's a good sign. :)

I'm assuming that you're using Wi-Fi sync here, as Dropbox should work wonderfully keeping things in sync between 1Password 4 for iOS (or 1Password 5 for iOS) and 1Password 3 for Mac. Would switching to Dropbox be an option for you? It will enable you to use the latest and greatest version of 1Password which is designed to work beautifully in iOS 8, and it will ensure you can have all your data on your older Mac as well.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited September 2014

I haven't had any problems syncing 1Password 3 Mac and 4 (iOS and Windows) with iOS 7, OS X.7 and Windows 7 via Dropbox. I don't anticipate any issues going forward with iOS 8.

Windows Phone 8 is another discussion topic altogether.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for adding your thoughts here! I'm so glad that Dropbox sync is working well for you. :)

(And I'll just pretend I didn't hear that last bit about Windows Phone ... we know there's room for improvement there!)

This discussion has been closed.