Problem with first sync

malagani
malagani
Community Member

Hello,

I use the 1password for iPhone and switched to Android (KitKat 4.4.4 on OnePlus One device).
When trying to sync for the first time I got an error message: "File encryptionKeys.js doesn't exist in..." (screen is not big enough)

Thanks

Comments

• Hi @malagani‌. I’m really sorry about the problems you’re experiencing with syncing data in 1Password. Let's figure out what's going on. I have a few questions to help us get a better understanding of your 1Password setup:

• What other devices are you syncing with?
    • How are you syncing your data on your devices?
  • malagani
    malagani
    Community Member

Hi Saad,
    I have an iphone 4 with IOS 7 and an onePlus one with kitkat 4.4.4. The iphone is the ild device which I used to use. When I got the OPO I synced my iphone 1password with dropbox then I installed 1password on the OPO and got the error message.
    Before that, I used to sync my data localy.

Cheers

• malagani
    malagani
    Community Member

Ild=old

• Thanks for the update. I'd like to ask you to try to log into 1PasswordAnywhere and see if the logins look okay there. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox.

• malagani
    malagani
    Community Member

Ok. I did it and attached the error message i got.

• Thank you for following my instructions. It looks like your 1Password data folder may be corrupted and I would like to help you recreate the data file without losing any information. Could you tell us which device has your most up-to-date 1Password information?

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iPhone 4.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• malagani
    malagani
    Community Member

Hi Saad,

I just sent the report.

• Thank you for the diagnostic report. Let's recreate the 1Password.agilekeychain in Dropbox on your iPhone 4. Here is what you will need to do:

1. Launch 1Password for iOS
    2. Go into Settings > Sync > Sync Service and select Disable Sync to turn off sync
    3. Go into your Dropbox folder
    4. Navigate to /Apps/1Password/ and rename the 1Password.agilekeychain folder to 1Password.agilekeychain_backup
    5. Go back into 1Password for iOS and enable Dropbox sync

1Password should create a new 1Password data folder in Dropbox, /Apps/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain. Launch 1Password 4 for Android and connect to the new vault in Dropbox. You may need to reinstall 1Password on Android if you find it not working.

Let me know if you're able to sync between your devices now.

• malagani
    malagani
    Community Member

Hi Saad,
    This managed to solve the problem. Thanks so much for your help.

• saad
    edited October 2014

You're very welcome. It's nice to hear that resolved the issue. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.