1Password login to Squareup.com

Options
Denni
Denni
Community Member

Hi, after a lot of frustration I realized that I cannot login to squareup.com (register) using 1Password. The problem is that in order to accept payments you have to log in directly through the app since 1Password takes you to the browser, which in turn takes you to the squareup dashboard. In the past, when I logged into my bank, an option popped up asking me if I would like to use the bank's app that is installed on my iPhone. However, that does not work for squareup. Is there a way to tell 1Password NOT TO USE THE BROWSER but log in through the squareup.com register app?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Denni,

We'd LOVE to see the 1Password app extension in the SquareUp app ... and in all other iOS 8 apps too! Unfortunately, the extension does have to be enabled by the app in question's developer. We can't put 1Password anywhere without permission (it's one of Apple's security regulations.)

Adding the extension is simple and only requires a few lines of code. In fact, a whole bunch of developers have already added 1Password support to their app. You can read about a few on our blog here: Check out the first apps to support our 1Password App Extension for iOS 8!

If you'd like to get in touch with the Squareup.com developers, let them know that all the details they need are on our github page.

This discussion has been closed.