Chrome Extension

Options
hellbus
hellbus
Community Member

Hi all. I noticed that Googel released an upgrade for Chrome on iOS (v.37.0.2062.60) that adds support for 3rd party extensions.
When I hit the share button on Chrome and try to add 1Password (as I did in Safari) I do not see 1Password listed as an option there. Is this something that 1Password has to update their software for, or is Chrome just not seeing the extension properly?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hellbus,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us about 1Password! We'd be ever-so-excited if Chrome would add support for the 1Password extension. Unfortunately though, it does have to be done on their end. We've written up the guidelines on how to enable the 1Password extension on our github page - it's just a few lines of code. :)

If you'd like to see the 1Password extension in Chrome, feel free to let Google know! We would certainly implement it if we had that power.

• iDoug
    iDoug
    Community Member
    Options

Extensions are a part of Chrome. But, 1Password does not appear in the list of Shares.

• mistame
    mistame
    Community Member
    Options

1Password must have some odd implementation? With the latest iOS chrome update even LastPass shows up and "just works". I doubt google baked in specific support for them so I assume there's a generic way to make extensions just show up in the share/extension sheet without much 3rd party intervention

• hellbus
    hellbus
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply Megan! It was my understanding that the latest version of Chrome does support 3rd party extensions. Just so I understand, do they have to add specific code just to get 1Password to work?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not Megan :) but, yes, that is correct: it's up to Chrome to add the ability to talk to the 1P extension.

Stephen

• hellbus
    hellbus
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, Well Thank you for our input! I've just heard some reports of it working for some people, and was wondering if I was doing anything wrong.

• I've just heard some reports of it working for some people

I would love to see screenshots of that. :)

We'd love for Google to implement the 1Password extension in Chrome. Or, at least, I know I would.

• steve28
    steve28
    Community Member
    edited September 2014
    Options

Wait a sec... i thought you specifically supported an app neutral identifier specifically so the browser extension would work with ANY browser that supported extensions? And as other have pointed out - the lastpass extension appears in the share sheet for chrome now.

We are talking about the browser extension here NOT the app extension. I wish the names weren't so confusing

• Hi folks,

This post by @JasperP‌ is the latest information I have on this.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.