Firefox extension problem

Options

I'm running Windows 7, with Firefox 32.0.3 and have just upgraded to 1 Password 4
I downloaded and installed the Firefox browser extension and have a 'key' on the tool bar however when I click on it I get the following:
A new page which says 'Looking for 1Password Helper', then
A new page which says 'Welcome to the 1 Password Helper'
If I click on the key symbol again it repeats this process ad infinitum!
I can't seem to get the controls box to allow me to use the 1 Password log ins, etc.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

A couple of things to try:

1. Restarting the Helper (from the Help menu in the main 1Password program) just to make sure it's running.

2. Disabling code signature verification, as described in the knowledgebase:
      https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/disabling-code-sig-verification

Please let us know which, if either, of those solves the problem for you, @pjc‌!

• pjc
    pjc
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I've tried both of the options you suggest but without success - same two pages keep coming up.
    I should have said I'm using AVG 2013 and I've also worked through the suggestions on the knowledge base there but that didn't help.

• pjc
    pjc
    Community Member
    Options

Cancel my above - I've now uninstalled and re-installed 1Password and then carried out the codesignatureverification step again and all now seems to be working OK - thanks for your assistance.
    PS: I love the product - it's so easy to use and inspires great confidence in this 'insecure' IT world.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2014
    Options

That’s great news, @pjc—thanks for letting us know (and for the kind comments)!

This discussion has been closed.