Under the impression it was possible to create multiple vaults with Pro features

Options
2»

Comments

• Hi @mountwe,

You'd need to sync the vault over to iOS before it'd be accessible there. Instructions can be found here:
    https://support.1password.com/guides/ios/syncing.html

Note you'd need to choose either Dropbox or WiFi, as iCloud does not support multiple vaults.

Thanks!

Ben

• zvi
    zvi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff,

Thank you for the answer. However how exactly can I get a trial? The only option to get the app is to pay apple the money. I didn't see a free download version (here the link https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/1password-password-manager/id443987910?mt=12 ). Also let say I get a trial and then want to create more vaults in 4 months time. Can I get as many trails as I need to keep making changes in the next few years?

Regards,
    Zvi

• mountwe
    mountwe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff ,

I synced my iPhone to the Mac via WiFi. In passing, I am NEVER putting 1Password on the web! 8-) The additional vault I created did not show up. I will try again tonight, however.

Thanks,
    Gene

• Hi @zvi,

The 1Password for Mac trial is available from our website:
    https://agilebits.com/downloads

You can run 1Password for Mac in trial mode for 30 days. After this time, you will need to add a license to continue using 1Password.

@mountwe,

In passing, I am NEVER putting 1Password on the web!

And we would never suggest you do so. Dropbox is never sent your 1Password data. All they are sent is encrypted jibberish. Your Master Password is required to turn that jibberish into your data.

The additional vault I created did not show up.

By default only the Primary vault is synced. You'd need to check the box(es) for any additional vault(s) you want to sync in the 1Password for Mac WiFi sync preferences.

Thanks!

Ben

• mountwe
    mountwe
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bwoodruff ,

I think I'm good to go now. 1Password just works a little differently than I intuited. Not a bad thing, I just guessed wrong!

I appreciate what you say about Dropbox but I still ain't putting 1Password on the web. Personal choice.

Thanks!

Gene

• Thanks for the update Gene!

• Brenmcrae
    Brenmcrae
    Community Member
    Options

So what your saying is I have to download the trial version and then I only have 30 days to create additional vaults and then i'm stuck after that unless I purchase the full version? I bought this back when you released the free version and the description was very misleading. I love your product but the ability to not create a new vault within the phone is silly. How do I get a refund?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you want a refund for the in-app purchase for 1P for iOS you will have to deal direct with Apple, I'm afraid, because AgileBits has no control over the App Store and no access to its records.

(As there has never been a "free version" of 1P for Mac I've assumed you're referring to 1P for iOS.)

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Brenmcrae: You can continue to use the trial after it expires, you simply won't be able to create or edit items. nothing will happen to you existing data, however.

• Brenmcrae
    Brenmcrae
    Community Member
    Options

@Stephen_C
    Correct. I am referring to 1P for IOS. Are you planning on releasing this feature in the near future? You have eluded that you will be releasing it for over a year now.

@brenty
    Just to clarify. Do you mean that I can still use my existing vaults that I created on my mac in IOS after the trial expires but I will no longer be able to create any additional vaults and will be stuck with my current ones?

Thanks!

• Brenmcrae
    Brenmcrae
    Community Member
    Options

If you guys really want to go the extra mile and give excellent customer service you should give me or anyone who bought 1P during your time of misleading advertising a free copy of the desktop version as apple will no longer issue a refund since it has been to long. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just to clarify. Do you mean that I can still use my existing vaults that I created on my mac in IOS after the trial expires but I will no longer be able to create any additional vaults and will be stuck with my current ones?

@Brenmcrae: Yes. 1Password for iOS does not have a vault creation feature, only the ability to read existing vaults — and more than one if you have Pro Features. This is similar to how you can still access Pro category items in 1Password for iOS without the upgrade even though you can't create/edit them there without the purchase if you sync the items from another device.

Even if you had purchased 1Password directly from AgileBits, there is a reasonable limit on the refund period. Both before and after you make a purchase, we're here and happy to answer any questions you might have about 1Password's features, but we can only do so if you ask, I'm afraid. For instance, when you can't figure out how to create a vault after unlocking the Pro Features, we could have easily addressed that in a timely fashion that may have allowed you to seek a refund you had wished.

I'm sorry that 1Password for iOS does not have the more advanced vault creation features that you're looking for now, but hopefully we can add these in the future.

• thogan
    thogan
    Community Member
    Options

OK here is my issue. My wife, mother and mother in law forget their passwords, and call me to help them retrieve or reset their passwords monthly. I purchased the 1password thinking I could set each one up with the app, inputting their passwords on my phone, so they could have access it on their phone. Currently, I have each individual's password in one file, and it is hard to distinguish who password belongs to whom. I only use the OS version, I tried windows and Mac, but it defeats the purpose of convenience for me. Additionally, its CRAZY THAT YOU DON'T HAVE MULTIPLE VAULTS FOR THE OS VERSION.

Many users have question why you can't create multiple vaults on the OS, as quite frankly so am I. I feel duped! This was the #1 reason I purchased this app.

• thogan
    thogan
    Community Member
    Options

Furthermore, the minute a company come up with syncing passwords through os users, i'm ditching 1password. You're not listening to your users needs

• thogan
    thogan
    Community Member
    Options

Sure! people love your app, but! they are dying for this feature. You will lose the market one a company comes out with this piece, especially since you fraudulently advertised this to include it. Your tech dept should have spent time working on customer needs (OS vaults) first, and not what you think a customer need (apple watch could have waited)!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @thogan,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I understand how frustrating it can be when software does not work the way you expect or would like.

One thing that confuses me about your message is how having your data on multiple devices (Mac/Windows and iOS) would be less convenient than having it only on one? In any event, it is not necessary to purchase or use the desktop application long term, if you don't want. You can create the vaults you'd like to have using the trial version and then once setup you can uninstall it.

The iOS app can access multiple vaults (which is what we advertise), it just cannot currently create multiple vaults. That is something we'd like to implement down the road.

Thanks!

Ben

• smittyken12
    smittyken12
    Community Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks guys at 1password for just being honest on here. Where does it say that you cannot initially create them on iOS, it does say what you mentioned below but it also doesn't mention what you can't do. Just tell me what I get and when I don't get it and charge me whatever you want, who cares about $5 or $50 one time for life? I'd pay 250$ if this stuff worked across all devices for the rest of my life and had a few other features I'd add

As for the add below:you could definately improve the situation by not making the add bold in orange and the fine print below small and blend in w the background & only in the very last sentence loosely describe that it requires another setup. I hope they do the guys on here a favor and stop putting you in a tough spot

Anyway-
    1- I thought about using this for my computer that's running windows but couldn't understand my options within 10 minutes so I gave up because it was annoying and seem like I had to pay 50 bucks a year for 1 Windows computer to use 1 password? If that's not the case it's way too confusing to give you guys money...an iPhone has one button, simplicity!

2-there is also demo account, plz clarify the of the back-and-forth above. We are in fact able to have more than one vault on iOS only as I have two now bc of the demo. You're telling us pay for pro we cannot create them on here but I don't we found that out now. You're telling us that somehow with going to a Windows machine to do that and which program we would have to purchase, cost, how to link, etc was Beyond me when I looked in December as there's way too many options. Even using it as a chrome extension and what packages you would have to buy & subscribe monthly to made my head hurt

3- The user above attempted to do what I refuse to and still can't sync? If it's created can I add passwords and manipulate from iOS ?

Thanks guys I know your trying to help and 1password is something im a cheerleader for, your honesty helps. It's the company that's frustrating at this point

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2016
    Options

Thanks guys at 1password for just being honest on here. Where does it say that you cannot initially create them on iOS, it does say what you mentioned below but it also doesn't mention what you can't do.

@smittyken12: This is a really good point. Unfortunately it isn't possible to account for everyone's expectations and preempt any questions with bullet points such as "Doesn't create multiple vaults", "Doesn't allow vault renaming", or "Doesn't support Google Drive, OneDrive, [insert name of popular cloud service" — you get the idea. Also, are you coming from the desktop app and expecting it to work exactly the same? Are you migrating from another password manager? Are you completely new to this type of app, but comparing it to something else where there's complete feature parity between desktop and mobile versions? These are rhetorical questions, and you don't have to answer them; I'm just trying to convey that it would be impossible for us to list everything that 1Password doesn't do. It isn't meant to do everything, after all.

1- I thought about using this for my computer that's running windows but couldn't understand my options within 10 minutes so I gave up because it was annoying and seem like I had to pay 50 bucks a year for 1 Windows computer to use 1 password? If that's not the case it's way too confusing to give you guys money...an iPhone has one button, simplicity!

If you're really asking for iOS-style simplicity on Windows, well...you'll have to take that up with Microsoft. :lol:

But in all seriousness, this is not a subscription, and your license for the version you purchase will never expire (e.x. a 1Password 4 for Windows license will always allow you to use 1Password 4 for Windows on a compatible machine).

2-there is also demo account, plz clarify the of the back-and-forth above. We are in fact able to have more than one vault on iOS only as I have two now bc of the demo. You're telling us pay for pro we cannot create them on here but I don't we found that out now. You're telling us that somehow with going to a Windows machine to do that and which program we would have to purchase, cost, how to link, etc was Beyond me when I looked in December as there's way too many options. Even using it as a chrome extension and what packages you would have to buy & subscribe monthly to made my head hurt

Licensing is simple: there's a 30 day free trial, and then after that if you want to unlock it forever, a single 1Password for Windows license entitles you and up to 5 other family members in your household to use it on all of your Windows PCs.

3- The user above attempted to do what I refuse to and still can't sync? If it's created can I add passwords and manipulate from iOS ?
    Thanks guys I know your trying to help and 1password is something im a cheerleader for, your honesty helps. It's the company that's frustrating at this point

Likewise! We're happy to answer any questions you might have and clarify things. And if you can clarify what you're trying to do as far as syncing, we can get that sorted out for you as well! :chuffed:

• anurag
    anurag
    Community Member
    Options

i am using 1password free on ios, i want to use multiple vaults but do not want to purchase windows pc version. I have downloaded trial version of window pc version. i intend to purchase ipassword pro for ios, as i have read from this forum that i can sync additional vaults created in trial vers of pc software, i want to ask whether i can edit and create items in these vaults in iphone even after deletion of trial version or expiry of trial period and further the newly created additional vaults would be fully functional and be syncable with other iphone devices of my family who are having 1password pro feature, my dropbox account for all family member is same

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

i want to ask whether i can edit and create items in these vaults in iphone even after deletion of trial version or expiry of trial period and further the newly created additional vaults would be fully functional and be syncable with other iphone devices of my family who are having 1password pro feature, my dropbox account for all family member is same

@anurag: Yep! Once you've purchased the Pro Features in 1Password for iOS, you'll be able to use it to access multiple vaults (among other features). However, please note that the Pro upgrade is tied only to the Apple ID where it was purchased. Apple's Family Sharing feature does not include in-app purchases.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• anurag
    anurag
    Community Member
    Options

i want to know whether those vaults can be shared by family members who have seperate apple id and have seperately purchased 1password pro but with same dropbox account and will to 2way sync be possible. Eg I create a primary vault for my personal use on my iphone, another vault we call it (common vault) i sync dropbox created by windows pc and my brothers create primary vault on his iphone (seperate id seperate purchse) i want the common vault created on my iphone be synced with brothers iphone (note dropbox same)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

i want to know whether those vaults can be shared by family members who have seperate apple id and have seperately purchased 1password pro but with same dropbox account and will to 2way sync be possible. Eg I create a primary vault for my personal use on my iphone, another vault we call it (common vault) i sync dropbox created by windows pc and my brothers create primary vault on his iphone (seperate id seperate purchse) i want the common vault created on my iphone be synced with brothers iphone (note dropbox same)

@anurag: Yes. The only thing that 1Password cares about is that the Apple ID has the Pro upgrade in order to access multiple vaults and other features. 1Password just reads the vaults. It takes a neutral stance when it comes to Dropbox account settings. Cheers! :)

• Brenmcrae
    Brenmcrae
    Community Member
    Options

"Even if you had purchased 1Password directly from AgileBits, there is a reasonable limit on the refund period. Both before and after you make a purchase, we're here and happy to answer any questions you might have about 1Password's features, but we can only do so if you ask, I'm afraid. For instance, when you can't figure out how to create a vault after unlocking the Pro Features, we could have easily addressed that in a timely fashion that may have allowed you to seek a refund you had wished."

This doesn't really apply to my situation. I bought 1password back when you had advertised that you could "create" new vaults on the pro version of 1password. It was very misleading ( I don't think you did it on purpose). I didn't realize I couldn't create additional vaults during the return window because I didn't need them at that time. When I did need additional vaults it was too late as I was outside of the return window. However, you guys have EXCELLENT customer service and were able to make everything right. I don't understand why people are complaining now as you have it pretty clear that you can only view multiple vaults that you have created on the desktop versions.

"I'm sorry that 1Password for iOS does not have the more advanced vault creation features that you're looking for now, but hopefully we can add these in the future."

Is this something you really plan on addressing in the future? Is it even on the list of features that will eventually be added? I create my additional vaults on my windows pc but it would be very nice to be able to create them within the IOS app.

Also, I don't think this question was fully answered above.** If someone signs up for the 30 day trial to create additional vaults, once the trial is over will they be able to create new additional vaults without paying for the full version?**

• Ben
    Options

@Brenmcrae,

This doesn't really apply to my situation. I bought 1password back when you had advertised that you could "create" new vaults on the pro version of 1password.

As far as I'm aware we've never advertised using that wording as it has never been a feature.

The wording is "access all your vaults created in 1Password for Mac or Windows!" under the "Multiple Vaults" section in-app for the Pro Features section. It has been worded that way for as long as I can remember.

Even in the screenshot posted above I feel the wording is pretty clear:

Unfortunately even if we had used different wording at some point refunds for apps purchased from Apple (including the Pro features for 1Password for iOS) are handled entirely by Apple. We have no say or control over them. They only accept requests for refunds for a limited time, and even then it seems they process them on a case by case basis.

you can only view multiple vaults that you have created on the desktop versions.

You can also create new items and edit existing items within them. They aren't read-only. :)

However, you guys have EXCELLENT customer service and were able to make everything right.

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the kind words!

Is this something you really plan on addressing in the future? Is it even on the list of features that will eventually be added?

We do not have any plans in that direction, no. But that isn't to say that we might not consider implementing it in the future.

If someone signs up for the 30 day trial to create additional vaults, once the trial is over will they be able to create new additional vaults without paying for the full version?

No.

:)

Thanks!

Ben

• Brenmcrae
    Brenmcrae
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben for the quick reply. The wording has definitely changed. Refer to the first post on the thread. I agree that it is now very clear. I'm not looking for a refund as you have made it right. Crossing my fingers for the future. Thanks!

• Fair enough. Thanks, @Brenmcrae!

Ben

• Jesecourt
    Jesecourt
    Community Member
    Options

So, from what i am understanding, it is NOT possible to create more than one Vault with the Pro version that I just purchased for my iPhone? If not, i seem to have misunderstood as well. I needed one for home and one for work info

• smittyken12
    smittyken12
    Community Member
    Options

So- The last time I tried to use all of the stuff in a synced up organized manner, it did not go well

I have an iPad and iPhone with your app on it and would like to be able to add it to my windows 10 laptop where are use chrome as my browser and potentially an Apple Watch

I have an existing iPhone and iPad account, I do not think I've fully set it up on my laptop ever.

what is the easiest way to add it to my laptop, create multiple vaults and sync those up with my iPad and iPhone? Everything as easy as possible and what is my total costs?

• Hi @Jesecourt

So, from what i am understanding, it is NOT possible to create more than one Vault with the Pro version that I just purchased for my iPhone? If not, i seem to have misunderstood as well. I needed one for home and one for work info

The Pro features give the ability to access multiple vaults that already exist, but cannot by itself create anything beyond the Primary (and demo) vault. You'd need to use 1Password for Mac or 1Password for Windows to create a vault, and then sync it to 1Password for iOS. A trial version will do. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• Hi @smittyken12,

what is the easiest way to add it to my laptop, create multiple vaults and sync those up with my iPad and iPhone? Everything as easy as possible and what is my total costs?

You have a couple of options. The recommended solution would be to sign up on 1Password.com for a 1Password subscription. This allows you to use 1Password on all of your devices and includes all software upgrades for the life of the subscription. Accessing your data on a new device is as simple as signing into your account.

You can learn about migrating your existing data to an account here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Alternatively you could purchase a 1Password license, which allows you to use the current version of 1Password on your desktop computer(s). It does not include upgrades (those would be sold separately). You'd need to manually set up syncing through Dropbox. You can read about that here:

Purchasing: https://agilebits.com/store
    Syncing: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.