Non-numeric card number with CIBC using Chrome

TWSheppard
TWSheppard
Community Member

I recently switched away from Safari to using Chrome 37.0.2062.124. When I tried to login to the CIBC web site, it says,

You have entered an invalid card number. The card number must be numeric. Please try again.
{Result #U103}

I tried 3 times before resorting to typing it in. When I tried Safari, it worked fine. Went back to Chrome. Failed.

The weird thing is that as I was writing this up and tried again, this time it worked. Twice. I don't know what to make of this but there you have it.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TWSheppard,

Sorry to hear that 1Password was temporarily misbehaving with the CIBC site in Chrome. Did you have this trouble starting on the main https://www.cibc.com/ca/personal.html page? Opening the URL in your post (https://www.cibconline.cibc.com/olbtxn/authentication/SignOn.cibc), without using 1Password, generates the error your mentioned. And that's the page you end up on after submitting invalid credentials on the main page.

What is the URL in the website field of the Login item you're using for this site? Do you select the item in 1Password to use Go & Fill, or first open the page in your browser and then use Fill Login with the item?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

• TWSheppard
    TWSheppard
    Community Member

I switched to the personal.html page and retyped in my card number and password in 1Password. It now seems to be working consistently. However, I have encountered two other sites that fail in Chrome that work fine in Safari. The most recent one is https://myaccount.teksavvy.com/

I usually open a blank tab and press command-\ with auto-enter configured, then type in the name of the web site. For this page now it enters the userid & password, presses enter and the fields are immediately cleared. Only if I click on the key icon in the address bar, select the TekSavvy entry, and copy and paste over the userid & password, will it work.

Then I logged out and pressed command-\ to immediately log back in. It worked. I then closed that window, opened a new tab and tried command-\ and it failed again. I tried this sequence twice with the same results.

• Hi @TWSheppard‌,

I can't seem to reproduce this on Teksavvy with the latest Chrome. It fills whether I load the page and then use 1Password's shortcut, or whether I open 1Password mini, type the login title, and hit return to use Open and Fill.

May I ask which other extensions you have installed in Chrome? I am wondering if something is interfering.

• TWSheppard
    TWSheppard
    Community Member
    edited October 2014

Turned off all extensions. Failed.
    Quit & relaunched Chrome. Failed.
    Turned 1Password extension off/on. Failed.
    Open new tab. Enter URL. Type command-\ . Worked.
    Logout. Try again. Failed.
    Refresh page. Try again. Worked.
    Turn back on usual set of extensions. Call up page manually. Still works. Let 1P open the page. Fails.

It seems that if 1P calls up the page and then automatically tries to enter the creds, it fails from that point forward. If I call up the page myself and then use 1P, it works. This is repeatable.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for those failure/success results, @TWSheppard.

Can you temporarily disable auto-submit for your https://myaccount.teksavvy.com/ Login item, then retest and let us know if manually submitting the page works where you've previously had failures?

Your help with this is appreciated, checking things we're unable to without a valid account. Thanks again!

• TWSheppard
    TWSheppard
    Community Member

If I turn off auto-submit it works. Tried 3 times opening a new tab each time and waiting several seconds before pressing return. Also tried a couple of times after I logged out and logged back in without refreshing the page. It seems Chrome is slower than Safari to get ready to accept creds from 1P.

I also tried turning on form filling animation with auto-submit enabled, hoping that would slow it down enough, but it didn't work.

I will leave off auto-submit for those sites that are troublesome. One extra key press won't kill me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TWSheppard,

I'm glad to hear that turning off auto-submit got things filling correctly! If you do notice any other troublesome sites, please do let us know - we're here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.