Unable to sync Secure Notes on my Mac to iPhone, Logins sync fine.

Options
ssilv1p
ssilv1p
Community Member

I have created a test Secure note on my Mac but am unable to see it on my iPhone after syncing.

As I made some changes to a Login and I can see the change on my iPhone. Seems to not like Secure Notes.

I am using Dropbox to sync.

Thanks.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    Options

What happens if you view your vault on Dropbox via 1PasswordAnywhere?

(stolen from AgileBits' guide)

To use 1PasswordAnywhere

1. Sign in to your Dropbox account on the web.
    2. On your private dropbox.com web site, locate and open the .agilekeychain folder that represents the vault you want to use.
    3. Double-click the 1Password.html file you find inside.
    4. Enter your master password on the “vault door” screen.

If the note shows up their then there's something odd going on with your iPhone. If the note isn't there then there's something odd going on with your mac. Just trying to narrow down where the oddity is.

• ssilv1p
    ssilv1p
    Community Member
    Options

I looked through all of my settings on the iPhone. I did hit "sync", nothing happened but eventually my secure note did appear and I can see it - although I do not know why.

I tried to reproduce my results and can not. I created another secure note and am having the same problem... I can not see it on my iPhone, even after hitting sync and waiting for an hour.

Also, several months ago I removed 4 old social security numbers. I can still see them on my iPhone.

Also, several months ago I removed 1 software license. But I can still see it on my iPhone too.

For whatever reason, the syncing just is not consistent. Has anyone else hit this? Could it be a dropbox problem?... although I use Dropbox to sync my photos and it works well.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Can you describe your setup in terms of versions please i.e. OS X 10.x.x with 1Password x.x.x and iOS x.x.x running 1Password x.x.x

I noticed something odd today myself when I saw my trash suddenly had a lot of items in it that I could have sworn had been deleted for some time but I'm not a Dropbox user, I only sync via WiFi. I'm just wondering if we're running the same versions.

Another possibility, does your mac contain a complete vault, so no items unique to the vault on your iOS device? If that's the case you could try clearing 1Password on your iPhone and letting it sync with Dropbox from a clean slate - and see if it continues to behave oddly or not.

• ssilv1p
    ssilv1p
    Community Member
    Options

Mac os = 10.9.5
    1P on Mac = 4.4.1

iPhone os = 8.0.2
    1P on iPhone = 5.0.1

Do you mean to manually delete all entries on the iPhone? Won't that sync with Mac as I delete, and delete the entries on my Mac?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ssilv1p,

What @littlebobbytables suggested in his last reply won't remove any 1Password data from your Mac. But if you have any data on your iPhone that needs saving you'll need to do that first. Please let us know if that's the case and we can help you out with more details. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ssilv1p‌ Just to clarify, you're correct in the sense of that if you were to manually delete your entries one at a time via 1Password's interface then you're correct, the deletes would synchronise with Dropbox and then onto your mac and of course that wouldn't do at all. The link in my last post though was to the page in the manual for the advanced settings in the iOS version of 1Password. One of those options is Erase Data and Settings and in the explanation of that functions it tells you

Tap this option, then confirm by tapping on Erase Data in the alert that appears to delete your 1Password data from your device. Erase Data and Settings will delete all 1Password data on your device, but will not affect data already synced to other devices or sync services.

I've changed the bolding from the original. The bit I've highlighted should help reassure you.

See sjk's post about offering assistance if you have any items that are currently only on your iOS device

• Hi @ssilv1p‌,

Just a quick test, can you edit one of your Secure Note items in 1Password on your iPhone, tap on the title, make a change in there, and then edit the body a bit. Now, save it, and then go to Settings > Sync, wait for it to finish its sync.

Does that show up on the Mac now?

This discussion has been closed.