iMac has slowed to a crawl Maverick 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1 Updates

Martha S Lawton
Martha S Lawton
Community Member

Well, i'm disappointed and sad. Having dealt with many, many Apple updates over the years, tweaking, getting back to a normal working state, etc ... I gotta say, this has got to be Apples darkest hour. With the IOS and this latest Maverick and Safari update, I'm actually pretty angry. My 4 month old iMac 2.7GHZ Intel core i5 has gone on the blink. My security keys gone wonky, my browser is working at a snails' pace, slower than you can possibly remember from dialup, getting my email is driving me nuts, I'm getting pretty frustrated with things. Never mind the memory gouge. And just exactly how much anti-virus memory grabbing software are we gonna be needing now? Is it seriously necessary to connect to like 60+ servers just to look at a couple of pages? My Safari crashed just as I reached this forum ...

However. My drag and drop text kicked in. Yay. :)

Apology if posting in incorrect area, and seriously not a techy but wish i had serious time to do the learning curve ... just don't. Just keep pluggin away ...

Comments

• Hi Martha, I'm sorry to hear you have had so many issues with the latest Mavericks update. Since this post isn't specifically about 1Password for Mac, I am going to move it to Lounge, which is more of a general topic area. :)

• randy_va
    randy_va
    Community Member

Martha - sounds like a very frustrating problem. Since your Mac is only 4 months old, you should try the genius bar at an Apple store or call Apple Care (1-800-myapple). I have used both of these services with good results. If you have backups done through Time Machine, you might also try restoring from a backup before you started having trouble. Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.