no files to sync on first sync cycle

Options
jbjagold
jbjagold
Community Member

Download the 1 password 4 for my Android and followed instructions. Went through the sync process for my dropbox account, and 0 files were downloaded. What now?

Comments

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    Options

Hello jbjagold,

Did you already have a vault in your dropbox folder? You don't mention it so i assume you already have a vault created from 1Password for Windows / OS X and you're trying to sync it with the Android client, right?

• saad
    Options

Hi @jbjagold‌! I have a couple of questions that will help us get a better understanding of your 1Password setup:

• What other devices are you syncing with?

• How are you syncing your data on all of your other devices?

• What device(s) has your most up-to-date 1Password information?

Thanks in advance! I look forward to your response.

• crazyazn911
    crazyazn911
    Community Member
    Options

I have this same issue. I have 1Password version 4.0.1.503 installed on my Windows PC. On my Android Samsung Galaxy S5 I have 1Password Version 4.1.2 installed. I am syncing/sharing files through dropbox. My intent is to get the same information that is on my PC to my Android and the information from my Android to my PC.

I made logins and other entries just fine on the PC and Android. When I go to my phone and it syncs it finds nothing. When I add entries from my phone and check on the computer the entry is shown but no data is associated with the tag. For instance if I put in a note from the phone, it shows that I have a note on the PC but the text of the note is missing. Or I put in a username and password and only the title of the entry comes up on the PC, no username or password is shown.

Every time I add a new entry from either device Dropbox shows that a new file has been added. Both devices are sharing the same dropbox folder obviously since i am at least seeing the created file show up on the PC. When I look in the dropbox folder, the files whether created by PC or Android, have the same file extension of "1PASSWORD File (.1password)."

Do you have any suggestions for fixing this? Are there known compatibility issues between devices or these versions? Is what I'm trying to do even intended to work?

I appreciate any assistance.

• saad
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hello! I’m really sorry about the problems you’re experiencing with syncing data between your Windows PC and Android. 1Password 4 for Windows and 1Password 4 for Android are fully compatible with each other and both devices should hold the same information as long as Dropbox sync is working correctly. I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices. This will give us additional information of what is going on during sync:

—Windows—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#win

—Android—
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#and4

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your emails, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.