Google Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124
OSX 10.9.5 Build 13F34
Extensions are enabled. Not working.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Extensions need to communicate with 1Password Mini and do so via a socket. This means

1. 1Password Mini has to be running, can you confirm that it is? default settings would have a key icon in your menu bar.
    2. Do you have any software that may be interfering with 1Password Mini? Two common ones seem to be Sophos & NetShredX as AgileBits has guides for both of them. Check the OS X firewall too.

Just to check, have you tried rebooting the machine? you'd be amazed how often a simple reboot can often solve problems.

• Eko
    Eko
    Community Member
    Options

OS X 10.9.5
    Safari 7.1
    1P 4.2.4

I can confirm this in Safari.

1P app, Mini, and Safari Extension all fail to auto-fill. Plus the Extension won't even open when clicked, it just sits there like a load. I have to manually copy/paste from the app.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Eko Did you re-enable extensions after updating to 10.9.5? The Safari update disabled all extensions.

• Eko
    Eko
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I did. I also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the extension.

• Eko
    Eko
    Community Member
    Options

I have not tried rebooting yet but I will.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Craig13 and @Eko,

If you're still having trouble with 1Password filling after trying @littlebobbytables' suggestions please let us know so we can continue helping you get that fixed. Thanks!

• Franz Wiesbauer
    Franz Wiesbauer
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Autofill won't work. I don't have Sophos or anything similar installed. Also, rebooting the computer won't work. I'm using Safari but I have also tried on Firefox...same problem there. What can I do?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Franz,

I'm sorry that 1Password filling is failing for you in Safari and Firefox. Please check if any of the troubleshooting tips in this guide apply to your problem:

1Password is not filling in my Logins

And if you're still stuck after that, please email us a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, along with a link to this topic and your forum username, to support+forum@agilebits.com. A quick comment here mentioning that you've sent the report would also be helpful.

The report will help us to isolate the cause of the problem and get it resolved for you. Thanks in advance!

• dej2714w8mta14
    dej2714w8mta14
    Community Member
    Options

1Password won't autofill on Chrome 90% of the time. When I use the 1Password extension, it will fill in passwords once every half dozen times, but most of the time I have to copy and paste. There have always been about 10 percent of the websites that I use that won't autofill, but about two weeks ago it changed so that it won't autofill 90% of the time or more. I've rebooted, and I've reinstalled the 1Password extension.

• WillK
    WillK
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here, 1P is not autofilling in Chrome, I tried rebooting and it's still not working, this problem just started a week ago.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dej2714w8mta14,

I'm sorry you can't get 1Password filling to work in Chrome nearly all the time now. Here a few questions to help with troubleshooting the problem:

1. Are you using multiple profiles/users in Chrome?
    2. Are you using the Command-\ (⌘\) shortcut to fill on pages you've already opened?
    3. Do you use Safari or Firefox, and have you tested 1Password with either?

Thanks for the answers so we can better suggest how to fix this!

• dej2714w8mta14
    dej2714w8mta14
    Community Member
    Options

I'm not using multiple profiles in Chrome.

I'm not using Command-\ to fill pages I've already opened. I go to the menu bar and click on the 1Password icon.

I just tried 1Password on Safari. It doesn't work. As bad or worse than on Chrome. 1Password on Firefox Does seem to work on the few sites that I tried. Interestingly, it's also really fast on those sites, way faster than I remember it being in long time. I'd switch to Firefox if Chrome didn't work better on most of the sites to which I go on a regular basis. 1Password is actually hyper aggressive on Firefox. On a website where there are multiple pages to log in--a page for entering the username, a page for a security question, and a page for the password--1Password enters the username, opens the next page, and then enters the username again on the page for the security question. 1Pasword has never done that before.

Unfortunately, 1Password on Chrome is not consistent. On one website it wasn't working all day, and then it started working. I thought perhaps that it was that it didn't work the first time I'd opened 1Password, so I closed and reopened 1Password. 1Password would still autofill on that website even though it didn't work on that website for most of the day and for the previous few days. Then I tried clearing the browsing data in Chrome and restarting. The result was that 1Password would no longer autofill on that website. What made 1Password work again on that website was when I copied and pasted to log in to the website. Then I logged out. Then when I tried to use 1Password to log into the website, autofill worked. So apparently 1Password will autofill on at least one website if I've previously logged into that website using copy and paste.

• WillK
    WillK
    Community Member
    Options

A little more input from me: autofill does seem to work when I open logins using the Chrome extension, but it does not work when I double-click logins directly from the 1P program (which is how I usually use 1P). Also, the Command-\ shortcut does not work when I open logins directly from the program.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @dej2714w8mta14‌

Thanks for providing that information! I'll need just a few more details from you.

• Could you please provide the version numbers of 1Password, your operating systems, the web browser and the extension? (The extension version number in Chrome is available in chrome://extensions/)
    • Please provide a few of the URLs that are failing for you. We'd love to do some testing here, and knowing a few sites that fail consistently will help a lot. (It would be extra helpful to know if the same URL works in any other browser as well.)

We really appreciate your patience as we work to track this issue down.

Hi @WillK,

Could you please provide the version numbers for 1Password, your operating system, Chrome and and the extension? (The extension version number in Chrome is available in chrome://extensions/).

Our developers are investigating an issue where 1Password will sometimes fail to fill in Chrome when opened from the main app. While we work to get this resolved, I might suggest that you try opening URLs from 1Password Mini. It's perhaps even more handy than the main app. Here's my workflow:

• Use ⌘⌥\ ( Command-Option- \ ) to open 1Password Mini
    • Start typing the title of the Login entry I want to use
    • Once its highlighted, I simply hit 'Enter'
    • 1Password will open the URL and fill my details.

ref: OPX-243

• dej2714w8mta14
    dej2714w8mta14
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 4, Version 4.4.3 (443000)
    Mac OS X 10.9.5
    Google Chrome Version 38.0.2125.101
    Chrome Extension 1Password: Password Manager and Secure Wallet 4.2.4.90

Would it be possible for you give me an email address so that I can back channel a list of sites that give me problems? I'd rather not provide information about where I have bank accounts, credit cards, and such in a public forum. Thanks.

• Jasper
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @dej2714w8mta14,

Sure, you can email us at support+forum@agilebits.com instead. Please include a link to this discussion, and your forum username, so we can "connect the dots".

Also, I removed the post with your email address, so it's not displayed publicly.

ref: SSV-58453-512

• WillK
    WillK
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I was out of town for a while. I'm using 1P 4.4.3 with Mac OSX 10.9.5, Chrome 38.0.2125.104, and 1P Extension 4.2.4.90. I'm using the 1P Mini shortcut you suggested (nifty) but 1P is still not auto-filling passwords consistently from the main app (it does some but not others, strange). Thanks.

• WillK
    WillK
    Community Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

One more thing: the autofill shortcut (Command- Option- \ ) is also not working from the main app.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @WillK,

Thanks for getting back to me with those version numbers! I'll be sure to pass them along to our developers in the hopes that it will help them track down the issue with filling in the main app. I'm curious - you mention using OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and 1Password 4 - is there a reason that you haven't upgraded to OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) and 1Password 5? Version 5 is a free update for 1Password 4 for Mac users.

In any case, I'm glad to hear that filling from 1Password mini works for you!

• WillK
    WillK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, how/where do I get the 1P5 free upgrade?

• mully95
    mully95
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem others are having with autofill.... report sent.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WillK,

If you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, you should see the 1Password update in the App Store under 'Updates'.

If you purchased 1Password directly from our store, you should be able to use the 1Password menu > Check for Updates.

Hi @mully95,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! I've updated the email thread with the necessary details from this forum discussion so that it is easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: KWW-26261-519

• bortnostun
    bortnostun
    Community Member
    Options

I just moved over from Dashlane . . . I'm a bit confused on auto-fill. Auto-fill in Dashlane would populate fields automatically. I didn't need to go to the icon on the top and tell it to auto-fill. Is there a setting that I am missing to make this automatic?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @bortnostun‌

1Password doesn't quite have 'autofill' ... we have what's called 'Go & Fill'. 1Password won't fill things without your express permission. (Personally, I like this workflow better than having the app automatically fill things in as soon as I open a webpage, but clearly I'm a bit biased here.)

We've got an article in our User Guide to walk you through the process of using a saved Login. Essentially, when you are viewing a page that you have details saved for, simply hit ⌘\ ( Command- \ ) and 1Password will fill your information.

I hope this helps - if you have any further questions or concerns, we're here for you!

• dgileadi
    dgileadi
    Community Member
    Options

I'm facing this same issue on some sites with Safari on Mavericks. I'm not able to upgrade to Yosemite at this time because it's a work laptop and my company sets the update schedule. I'm sending a diagnostics report.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dgileadi,

We've received your Diagnostics Report - thanks for sending it in! Someone from the support team will get back to you as soon as possible with some further information. We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: TEL-37474-748

• mpf01
    mpf01
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also seeing similar behavior. Please let me know what diagnostic info you might need.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mpf01‌ Just before we request a diagnostic report can you expand on your situation, what you're experiencing and what you've tried so far to solve it. Thank you :smile:

• WillK
    WillK
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan- Just wanted to give you a quick update. I'm now running Yosemite and 1P5 and Go & Fill is still not working reliably from the 1P program (maybe 20% of my logins work?). The shortcut is working much better but sometimes it does not Go & Fill the first time (comes up empty) and I have to try the login a second time (this happens maybe 5-10% of the time?). Anyways, I'm a huge 1P fan, it's one of my favorite tools, just trying to give input and help you guys keep making it better:)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @WillK‌ I see we've been in contact with you via email. Have you been continuing correspondence with us there?

This discussion has been closed.