Wifi Sync Error

Options
Raphe
Raphe
Community Member

Hello, when trying to sync using wifi, my sync times out and shows the following message "Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomainCode=60 "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out"

I am using 1password 5.1 on my iPhone, and 4.4.2 on my mac. All helpful feedback is appreciated

Comments

• macbates
    macbates
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem. When trying to sync the iPhone to the Mac over WiFi, I get the "syncing..." message, but nothing happens after that. 1Pass on iPhone is v5.1 under iOS 8.02, 1Pass on OSX 10.9.5 is v4.4.3. This used to work, and still does work on the iPad (which is v 4.5.3 running on iOS 7).

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Raphe‌ A search on that precise error only brings up one other thread at the moment. It's not clear if the underlying issue was found or not. Given both were asked to send in a diagnostics report hopefully somebody from AgileBits will post here to respond to you.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2014
    Options

Hi @Raphe and @macbates,

I apologize for the delay in response here. We've been hearing from a lot of users since the launch of 1Password 5 for iOS, and we're doing the best we can to get back to our usual snappy responses just as soon as possible.

There are a couple of things that it is important to check with respect to Wi-Fi sync.

• Are all of your computers and devices on the same Wi-Fi network?
    • Do you have any firewall software or proxies enabled? These can block 1Password's communication. Ensure that 127.0.0.1 is whitelisted.

If you're using the same Wi-Fi network and there are no firewalls or proxies getting in the way, please let me know and we'll investigate further.

ref: CSI-21

• macbates
    macbates
    Community Member
    Options

Same WiFi network, all computers and devices on the same network, and no internal firewall (obviously one for external accesses). Interestingly, the problem occurs on the MacPro running 1Pass 4.4.3, but it works fine on the MacBook Pro running 1Pass 4.4.1. Lucky that I hadn't updated the MacBook yet, and I'll make sure not to do so now.

So, it appears that the sync problem was introduced in either 4.4.2 or 4.4.3. This help narrow it down?

• Ken
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi Ken ( @macbates‌ ),

Thanks so much for investigating! It's interesting that you're noticing this problem in 4.4.3 and not 4.4.1. I'd love to take a closer look to see what the difference is between the two.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from each of your Macs:
    https://guides.agilebits.com/kb/1password4/en/topic/diagnostics-report#mac4

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• cnschne
    cnschne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I have the same problem with WiFi Sync between my iOS device (iPhone - iOS version 8.1.1) and my iMac (OS X version Yosemite 10.10).

1Password version on my iPad -> 5.1.2 (501204)
    1Password version on my iMac -> 5.1

I get also the following error message:

Error:
    "Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=60 "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation timed out"

Thanks in advance!

Chris

• cnschne
    cnschne
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,

I updated the 1Password5 Mac OXS version to the latest Beta-version (Version 5.1.BETA-6 / 510006) and now the WiFi Sync works without any problem.

br
    Chris

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the beta solves the issue. Hopefully we can have that released as a stable release soon.

• utjazz1
    utjazz1
    Community Member
    Options

The support for this program is no available via phone support which is very frustration. I have been having WIFI sync issues for months and have spent hours trying to read through all these forums. In my opinion I have wasted a lot of time and have dealt with a lot of frustration on something that should be simple, but the way it is programmed makes it more difficult. I have even deleted and reinstalled the desktop and iPhone app and started over with new installs and still have issues with everything I have been told. I am not a fan.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @utjazz1,

We'd be happy to help you, but you haven't told us: what the problem you're having is, what error message(s) if any you get, or what version(s) of 1Password are involved.

If you could please provide that information we'd be happy to help you through the troubleshooting process.

Thanks!

Ben

• utjazz1
    utjazz1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply. I am on the same WIFI network trying to sync my data from my mac computer to my iPhone 6 plus. On the WIFI portion of the iPhone I have turned it on and off trying to re-register the computer and iPhone together. (I read this in a previous post). I have also receivedd the sync-60 error message several times. Right now I have nothing synced to my iPhone and all the data is on the mac. I am at a lost.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @utjazz1. Could you please let me know which version of 1Password is installed on your Mac, and which version is installed in your iPhone 6 Plus? Also, could you please try using an AdHoc WiFi network to sync? You can find instructions here:

https://support.1password.com/wifi-adhoc/mac.html

Thanks!

• macbates
    macbates
    Community Member
    Options

Sync doesn't work for me either (and hasn't since I reported it back on October, 2014, see the second post in this thread). Yosemite 10.10.3 on a Mac Pro, with 1Pass on an iPhone 5 works fine, but on the iPad 2, it simply says "Sync started", and then just stays there with nothing happening. Interestingly, it used to work on the iPad but not on the iPhone, but now it works on the iPhone and not the iPad. Maybe 1Pass on the Mac can only sync to one device? Any ideas?

• Polarpro
    Polarpro
    Community Member
    Options

Just updated the version on my Macbook to the newest version. My iPhone and iPad apps are up-to-date as well. Then tried to sync both iPhone and iPad with my Mac - doesn't work. On the iPhone it says something like "tried to sync with another safe", on the iPad it says simply something like "couldn't complete sync".

Very annoying.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @polarpro,

Please try backing up your data from the iOS app on your iPhone and iPad:

https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

Then uninstall and reinstall the iOS app (note this will erase all data contained within), and then set up WiFi syncing with the Mac fresh.

Thanks!

Ben

• Polarpro
    Polarpro
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben

Thanks for your help. but it didn't work. I reinstalled both iPhone and iPad, put the data back on the devices; but when I try to sync i get a message saying something like "tried to sync another vault than the original one". (error 7027)

What should I do?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Using the search at the top of the forum and searching for 7027 produces this knowledge base article which you'll probably find helpful:

Wi-Fi Sync error 7027: Attempted to sync with a different vault than originally configured (iOS)

Stephen

• Polarpro
    Polarpro
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, Stephen. The link says "This was fixed in 1Password for iOS version 5.4.2. Please update to the latest version first to see if it resolves the issue", but there is no version 5.4.2 that I could download from the App Store, even with checking for new updates. I'm still on 5.4.1.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

1P 5.4 for iOS is in beta testing at present so, for the time being, read further down the article for the other solutions.

Stephen

• Ben
    Options

Hopefully we'll be able to get the beta released as stable soon. :)

• Polarpro
    Polarpro
    Community Member
    Options

I did read the article further down. As you can see from the attached iPhone screenshot, solution 1 "Reconfigure Wi-Fi Sync" is not an option, because my screen does not have a "Disable Sync" option.

I tried solution 2 "Reinstall from the App Store", too, but it doesn't work. Same error.

Sorry, guys. But there seems to be an issue with an app that I trusted to store my confidential data.

• Ben
    Options

I do apologize for the inconvenience. This issue has reportedly been fixed in the latest beta, which we'll hopefully see in the app store any time now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I tried solution 2 "Reinstall from the App Store", too, but it doesn't work. Same error.

@Polarpro: If you restored from a backup, it will have also restored the (corrupt) sync state, so you'd get the same error.

Fortunately, 1Password for iOS version 5.4.2 is now (finally!) available from the App Store, so if you're still having trouble, updating should resolve this, as only your vault data will be restored now from a backup. Cheers! :)

• Kender22
    Kender22
    Community Member
    Options

Interestingly, it used to work on the iPad but not on the iPhone, but now it works on the iPhone and not the iPad.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kender22: Ah! If that's the case, you'll need to follow these steps to backup and reinstall on your iPad then.

Unfortunately there isn't a 'silver bullet' to have 1Password repair a corrupt sync state, but reinstalling will give you a clean slate and let you get back up-and-syncing! And the update should ensure that the new backup you create will not restore the corrupt sync state afterward. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• Kender22
    Kender22
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

it used to work on the iPad but not on the iPhone, but now it works on the iPhone and not the iPad.

[Edited to remove link to 3rd party phone accessory store - @brenty]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Kender22: Please try the guide I linked to above, as it should resolve the issue. Cheers! :)

• Polarpro
    Polarpro
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hey brenty,

Thanks for your answer. I installed 5.4.2. And it did not work; again (different vaults). Then I made a backup, deleted the app and put the backup back onto the device, and I still get a message saying, I'm trying to sync another vault than the original one.

Guys, I hope you can understand that I'm getting really angry now. I've spent hours with making backups, reinstalling the app and everything, and all I'm having now is a huge mess, as for about 380 records in the vault. Cool app.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Polarpro: I understand completely. I'm a bit frustrated myself (although perhaps not as much as you) and confounded that this is working for some folks, while some continue to be affected by this issue.

The problem is that in some cases (such as yours) the (corrupt) sync state is still being restored from the backup. If you reinstall the app, however, you should be able to Wi-Fi Sync from your computer. If all of your data is not on the computer, however, we can work out a process to merge it, reinstall the iOS app, and then sync your merged data back to it. If this is your situation, let me know which OS and 1Password versions you're using, and I can give you specific, step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this.

On a more positive note, your data is not affected by this, only the sync process. So once we have a solution for you, whether in an update or a process to get all the data you need, you won't be out any important information stored in your vault.

Again, I'm really sorry about the 'mess'. I look forward to hearing back from you so we can put this matter to rest!

• Polarpro
    Polarpro
    Community Member
    Options

Hello, and Thanks for your reply. This is exactly my situation: I use 1Password on a Mac, on an iPhone and on an iPad. I can Wi-Fi sync from the computer, but I need the data from the iPhone / iPad.

Mac: OS 10.10.3, 1Password 5.3.2
    iPad and iPhone: iOS 8.3, 1Password 5.4.2

This discussion has been closed.